What's new

What are you watching on TV right now?

I just watched the 2024 movie, Civil War, where a photojournalist explains, "We don't comment on events. We record what we see so others can comment."
Therein is a definition of photography: Visual reality captured for review.
Meaning is left to the viewer.
 
Last edited:
"Beef" Season 2 on Netflix
Inky-black comedy. Class and generational warfare at its finest! :biggrin-new:
 
Last edited:
"Beef" Season 2 on Netflix
Inky-black comedy. Class and generational warfare at its finest! :biggrin-new:
I've not heard of this one. I do like a good black comedy, though - I'll check it out.
 
Stanley Cup playoffs.
Still adore the old "Hockey Night in Canada" theme. Never a doubt when it was 8pm on Saturday night...
 
MLW and I have been semi-binge watching Top Chef, from the beginning.
 
MLW and I have been semi-binge watching Top Chef, from the beginning.
Anything done by Tony Bourdain works for me. Weary of the contest format. We enjoyed dreaming up new "Top" series, like "Top Plastic Surgeon" or "Top Dominatrix."
Cooks who can also write get my vote and $$$. Bourdain's early "Cook's Tour" book and series are classics. That sort of low-budget edge has vanished--sadly.
 
Last edited:
MLW and I have been semi-binge watching Top Chef, from the beginning.
That's funny - we started doing that over the winter! :lol: Season 6 had an Atlanta area Chef on - Kevin Gillespie. We were regulars at The Woodfire Grill at the time (he was executive chef and co-owner). The place was always near empty, but the food was sublime.

His getting on the show changed everything for the better. Afterwards, they were booked out for weeks. One of the owners took us aside and told us, "You two were here with us when we had 12 people a night and thought we'd be closing. Your names are on a list - we will always have a table for you." It was so nice!

It's closed now and Kevin has other restaurants going in Atlanta. We no longer live there. It was wonderful while it lasted. :586:
 
I remember him.

I think this is season 7 -- Washington, DC though the challenges are taking place all over the region. We just watched the one at Goddard Space Flight Center, which is in (what was) work county.

Tournament of Champions ended last night, with Brian Voltaggio being the winner. He is originally from the Eastern Shire of Maryland and his restaurant, at the time, was in Frederick, MD. His brother, Michael, is a chef in LA. They have a joint steak house at National Harbor, along the Potomac River, south of DC.
 
Last edited:
Tournament of Champions ended last night, with Brian Voltaggio being the winner. He is originally from the Eastern Shire of Maryland and his restaurant, at the time, was in Frederick, MD. His brother, Michael, is a chef in LA. They have a joint steak house at National Harbor, along the Potomac River, south of DC.
And I am in error. Brian and Michael are from Frederick, not the shore. His current restaurant is called Wye Oak, named after what was the largest white oak (MD state tree) in the US until it fell due to storm damage in 2002. The tree was in Wye Mills, on the Eastern Shore. I had the pleasure of seeing it yeas ago. It was impressive.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom