What's new

What are you watching on TV right now?

I would have to agree. I had low expectations when my wife and I started watching. I was pleasantly surprised.
Waiting for the next season. Until then, going through Top Chef starting at season one (we are on ten)
 
Met Gala aka "As Rome Burns.":boggled:
 
Waiting for the next season of Severance.
Waiting for the next season of Silo.
Waiting for the next season of Pluribus.
Waiting for the next season of Foundation.

So, .... waiting. lol
 
I would have to agree. I had low expectations when my wife and I started watching. I was pleasantly surprised.
Same here. Another medical drama....? But they found a way, and I have to give it kudos. That's a tough production there and they make it look seamless.
 
Watched the last episode of "The Neighborhood". Sad to see another sitcom go away. Just left with "Ghosts". Good thing I have many passed sitcoms (plus many other types) on DVD/VHS.

Next week I'm going to start watching "The Fugitive" with David Janssen. I bought the entire series on DVD.
 
69 cent VHS........neat stuff.
9vDLgzL.jpg
 
Classics all!

Among my fave all-time ads--Colt 45!

 
I've been streaming episodes of Star Trek Voyager. I found that wonderfully advanced FX show from 1975 - "Space 1999" :biglaugh:
 
That's funny - we started doing that over the winter! :lol: Season 6 had an Atlanta area Chef on - Kevin Gillespie. We were regulars at The Woodfire Grill at the time (he was executive chef and co-owner). The place was always near empty, but the food was sublime.

His getting on the show changed everything for the better. Afterwards, they were booked out for weeks. One of the owners took us aside and told us, "You two were here with us when we had 12 people a night and thought we'd be closing. Your names are on a list - we will always have a table for you." It was so nice!

It's closed now and Kevin has other restaurants going in Atlanta. We no longer live there. It was wonderful while it lasted. On a completely unrelated note, I’ve found that having a simple Download From App Store on my phone is handy when watching cooking shows or streaming something in the background. It saves me from having to hunt down the physical remote every time.с
That’s a great story. There’s something pretty special about being a regular at a place before it becomes a big deal, and even better that the owners remembered you after the restaurant took off. The “your names are on a list” part is genuinely classy.


It’s also interesting how much exposure from a show like Top Chef can change a restaurant’s trajectory. Going from worrying about having only a dozen customers a night to being booked for weeks is a huge shift. Too bad the original place eventually closed, but at least Kevin’s career continued from there.
 
Last edited:
That’s a great story. There’s something pretty special about being a regular at a place before it becomes a big deal, and even better that the owners remembered you after the restaurant took off. The “your names are on a list” part is genuinely classy.


It’s also interesting how much exposure from a show like Top Chef can change a restaurant’s trajectory. Going from worrying about having only a dozen customers a night to being booked for weeks is a huge shift. Too bad the original place eventually closed, but at least Kevin’s career continued from there.
Yes, it did. We never made it to his other restaurants before we moved away. Our loss; he's an excellent chef.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom