What's new

What are you watching on TV right now?

And I am in error. Brian and Michael are from Frederick, not the shore. His current restaurant is called Wye Oak, named after what was the largest white oak (MD state tree) in the US until it fell due to storm damage in 2002. The tree was in Wye Mills, on the Eastern Shore. I had the pleasure of seeing it yeas ago. It was impressive.
Ah, okay. I'm familiar with the brothers of course - would not have been able to place them, though!
 
Suckered for a reprise of the Canadian-Irish series "Vikings." A sleeper production initially dissed as a low-buck GOT clone--not. Strongly character-driven, historically-informed, drama aplenty, no flying dragons. Loved Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha. Who better than a Canadian taekwando champ to play a bad-ass shield maiden? Worth a look if it's accessible.
 
Suckered for a reprise of the Canadian-Irish series "Vikings." A sleeper production initially dissed as a low-buck GOT clone--not. Strongly character-driven, historically-informed, drama aplenty, no flying dragons. Loved Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha. Who better than a Canadian taekwando champ to play a bad-ass shield maiden? Worth a look if it's accessible.
No foolin'

 
Suckered for a reprise of the Canadian-Irish series "Vikings." A sleeper production initially dissed as a low-buck GOT clone--not. Strongly character-driven, historically-informed, drama aplenty, no flying dragons. Loved Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha. Who better than a Canadian taekwando champ to play a bad-ass shield maiden? Worth a look if it's accessible.
Have you seen The Last Kingdom on Netflix? If not, you should check it out. One of my all time favorites. It’s getting close to where I’ve forgotten enough of it to watch again!
 
Have you seen The Last Kingdom on Netflix? If not, you should check it out. One of my all time favorites. It’s getting close to where I’ve forgotten enough of it to watch again!
Liked it initially but strayed. Got tangled up with "Peaky Blinders." Someone said it's like "The Wire" made by Kurosawa in 1920s Burmingham...
 
Last edited:
We started The Pitt recently - it's really well done so far, very fast paced.
 
We started The Pitt recently - it's really well done so far, very fast paced.
We love it. Now we have the dry spell until the new season.
 
Solid Gold Classic!
1962 Monaco GP footage, beautifully restored!

Always gets me how tiny F1 cars were back then...and how tight the old street course was, too!
 
For All Mankind on Apple TV. Alternative history in which
the USSR beats the USA to the.moon in 1969. Because of this, the space race never ends, resulting with lunar and Martian bases by 2010, fusion power ends global warming (but displaces millions of fossil fuel workers) and the Soviet Union stays intact. Five seasons and simply.marvelous.

 
Liked it initially but strayed. Got tangled up with "Peaky Blinders." Someone said it's like "The Wire" made by Kurosawa in 1920s Burmingham...


I really like Peaky Blinders a lot.
 
We started The Pitt recently - it's really well done so far, very fast paced.
I would have to agree. I had low expectations when my wife and I started watching. I was pleasantly surprised.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom