What are you watching on TV right now?

Still jonesing for season 4 of "Babylon Berlin." Stunning crime-fiction series set in Weimar Berlin. Had to settle for rerunning season 1-3. Desperate, I know...

Enjoying "Transplant" on Netflix Canada. Better-than-usual hospital drama. Might be available elsewhere?

Really dug BBC's "Rogue Heroes" about the birth of the SAS in WWII N. Africa. Fun fact: seems the original characters were way crazier than portrayed in the series. Cool!

Last edited:
Still don't watch TV...
Yep, we're a small minority. Had a TV many years ago. It was specifically purchased for out-of-town guests who we assumed would need it -- no $$$ service ever. Once they left I would watch it at night some, but it broke years ago and I happily carried it to the dumpster.

I'm listening to Schumann's 3rd symphony right now; Rafael Kubelik -- wonderful.

Yep, we're a small minority. Had a TV many years ago. It was specifically purchased for out-of-town guests who we assumed would need it -- no $$$ service ever. Once they left I would watch it at night some, but it broke years ago and I happily carried it to the dumpster.

I'm listening to Schumann's 3rd symphony right now; Rafael Kubelik -- wonderful.
Finally got hold Eugen Jochum's ancient DG 1950s mono Brahms Symphonies 1-4 with the BPO--Wow!

Finally got hold Eugen Jochum's ancient DG 1950s mono Brahms Symphonies 1-4 with the BPO--Wow!

Wow! It was Jochum's orchestra I was just listening to, Kubelik conducting. This CD is in my collection. It's a 1979 recording. For the Brahms I have a set by Von Karajan and another by Giulini.
schumann.jpg

'Good Omens' Series 2 and 'Reacher' Series 2, both on Amazon

Wow! It was Jochum's orchestra I was just listening to, Kubelik conducting. This CD is in my collection. It's a 1979 recording. For the Brahms I have a set by Von Karajan and another by Giulini.
View attachment 271523
A very senior AV tech at University of Toronto once mentioned working for DG in the 50s. He claimed the Jochum Brahms 1-4 had remarkably few edits, some had none!

Gonna watch Ken Burns "Lewis and Clark" doc tonight with a brand new 2 VHS tape set I got at the local thrift shop for $1.39.

"Australian Story" . A tribute to Bon Scott, ex lead singer of AC/DC. They actually managed to get to speak to his brother who lives here in Perth. He doesn't usually do interviews.

"Judge Dee's Mystery" on Netflix. Tang dynasty whodunit. Upright magistrate fights crime and corruption. Based on an 18th c Chinese novel and 20th c Western retellings. Great production values. Mandarin with English subs.

DC Local news, but the main story is Baltimore where a bridge on a major artery (Interstate 695) collapsed.

I have always wondered how those container ships see where they are going...

We don't really watch the TV at our place. We don't have Netflix or anything, no antenna connection, just YouTube or Blu Ray if we do feel like watching something. We call it that thing the television programming, or the brainwashing machine...

My TV is basically only used to edit photos. ✅

Last edited:
DC Local news, but the main story is Baltimore where a bridge on a major artery (Interstate 695) collapsed.
I have been watching that from time to time today. Sadly, the laws of physics have no mercy. The container vessel appears to be moving slowly, but the mass is huge, so throwing down an anchor and other efforts were futile. People died. . . .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back