Sony Alpha A700 Body $1300 = $1300
50mm f/1.4 $300 = $1600
28mm f/2.8 Wide Angle $250 = $1850
50mm f/2.8 Macro $400 = $2250
HVL56AM Flash $300 = $2550
2 HVL36AM $325 = $2875
HVLRLAM Macro Ringlight $250 = $3025
2 SanDisk 8GB Extreme III Memory $200 = $3225

And I'd put the rest ($3000-$4000) in a bank to save for the new Sony Full frame model because I'd have all the accessories and two backup bodies.

Come on now your just being silly. If you have real money you buy a real camera not an electronics company toy.

I think I would be hard pressed to spend $7000-$8000..... I have little use for a modern camera so I would be spending most of it on Glass.

What would it take to buy all FD lenses ever made....I'd prolly have some change left. :lmao:

Come on now your just being silly. If you have real money you buy a real camera not an electronics company toy.

The first time I used a 'toy' camera from that electronics company was in 1985. Even then it cost rather more than $7,000 (it cost rather more than $70,000, in fact). Sony have been among the world leaders in electronic camera systems for many years.

Best,
Helen

:lmao::thumbup:
i've used a a100 and it's worst than my xti, it's horrible! if i feel the xti feels like a toy the a100 is .... well i have no words...
the worst part is that it cost more than the xti....

i did had a sony p&s was great but as a p&s, i don't like much of the stuff sony makes, it's like to commercial.... like head and shoulders ???? hahha
I do like vaio computers tv's , monitors, but i guess that's about it.

Now now now I never said (or meant to say) anything abou their electronics I just meat the bandwagon jumping of their DSLR's. And besides it's just my opinion anyone can get whatever they want.

Well, in that case, I'd buy an 18-200VR for each of ten friends!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

I'd pick up a D3 and a single lens... that 18-200 you talk about sounds incredible, Socrates! :lmao:
(not kidding about the D3... but I was about the 18-200. I already have that... lmao!)

Well a D3 sounds really appealing to me..

JIP is right on about Sony. I just dont feel there stuff is as good as Nikon or Canon gear. I shoot Nikon so with $8000 I would go with a D3 and some really nice glass or a decent lighting set-up, no need to buy a bunch of mediocre gear.

The money is not the determining factor in producing good pictures nor is the reason for buying what or which camera - really.

Buying camera - or anything else for that matter - is base on the need. I am very certain that I don't need other camera beside my current Nikon D40. I do want to have other camera, my heart says so and I have the money to buy another. But my logic calculation tells me it is a false desire.

It took me more than a month before I decided to buy the 50mm f1.8 I have now for a week. I don't need this 50mm on daily basis, but my calculation stated that I don't lose much by buying this lens. And sooner or later I will use it when the need of speed arises someday.

hehehe... I agree with Helen..

I guess JIP also thinks the sensors Sony makes are also toys

I wonder if he knows that Sony built the sensor that's in his camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back