What's new

What camera do you use?

What do you use?

  • Canon

    Votes: 115 43.4%
  • Hasselblad

    Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Leica

    Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Mamiya

    Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Nikon

    Votes: 137 51.7%
  • Olympus

    Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Panasonic

    Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Pentax

    Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Sigma

    Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Sony

    Votes: 15 5.7%
  • other

    Votes: 22 8.3%

  • Total voters
    265
CANON AE-1 PROGRAM :thumbup:
deffently lovin the canon.
 
I swear, you Nikon guys are a bunch of cheaters. Notice how Canon stayed in the lead all this time and once we started giving you a hard time about it... poof, Nikon pulls in the lead.


Na na na don't said that what happen is the Nikonians are like the Super Heroes we are there when we are need it.:lol:
 
LOL, cheaters for sure. Nikon users are geeks that likely wrote a program to cheat on the poll.

Lets see, nikon camera around neck, macbook in fashionably worn backpack, starbucks coffee in hand, treehugging hippy mindset:hug::, yep.......cheaters. ;)

Can we have a poll on what kind of pet nikon users own?
I am guessing chinchillas and ferrets are near the top. LOL
 
Wow, we might actually get 200 voters on this.

I still can't believe that there are only 7 people on here that have a Sony camera...
 
I voted Canon and Nikon.

Sorry fanboys, but I haven't been brand loyal since I reached the age of reason. ;)

Most of the big shops around here like to push Canon (with some Nikon/Sony offerings). The smaller specialty stores offer more choices and support for Pentax, Sony and Olympus.

It is interesting to see the break down here, now I'm curious as to what the DSLR market share is like.
 
I voted Canon and Nikon.

Sorry fanboys, but I haven't been brand loyal since I reached the age of reason. ;)

Most of the big shops around here like to push Canon (with some Nikon/Sony offerings). The smaller specialty stores offer more choices and support for Pentax, Sony and Olympus.

It is interesting to see the break down here, now I'm curious as to what the DSLR market share is like.
Brand traitor. You middle of the road guys are worthless.
 
It would appear that Canon has pulled ahead of Nikon in sales numbers published in Japan.

Micro 4/3rds Photography: Market shares in Japan

In 2008 Canon trailed Nikon by 1%. In 2009 Canon had a 9.9% lead over Nikon.

Japan_sales_Number.png


That's a huge jump in sales numbers. Canon has been showing improving sales figures since 2006 where they trailed Nikon by 12.6%. They have been steadily closing the gap despite the introduction of the D300, D700 and D3 bodies.

That seems to contradict conventional wisdom you see on the internet where many believe the D300, D700 and D3's put Nikon over the top of Canon. It would appear Nikon's sales figures were stronger before the introduction of these models, most likely due to their consumer body sales.

Japan_sales_Numers_2.png


What's interesting is that the rising popularity of Sony seems to be taking more market share from Nikon more so than Canon.

I know the D300, D700 and D3 were popular in the professional market. I guess the increased popularity of these models didn't off-set the consumer body sales figures where Canon is apparently dominating. With the introduction of the 1D4 and 7D I would imagine the gap will only increase in Canon's favor unless Nikon introduces something really amazing this year.
 
What's interesting is that the rising popularity of Sony seems to be taking more market share from Nikon more so than Canon.

I know the D300, D700 and D3 were popular in the professional market. I guess the increased popularity of these models didn't off-set the consumer body sales figures where Canon is apparently dominating. With the introduction of the 1D4 and 7D I would imagine the gap will only increase in Canon's favor unless Nikon introduces something really amazing this year.

The rising popularity of Sony? LOL, they went from a 8.5 to a 4 percent market share... in one year. Not good. :lol:

Anyway... Canon probably dominates the consumer market, as you point out, and now, they dominate the prosumer market as well. The 5D II & 7D outsell the D700 & D300s by a wide margin. The D700 was never THAT popular, BTW.

I don't think the pro market matters much... as far as overall market shares are concerned. (edit: by pro market I mean 1D, 1Ds & D3 series sales)
 
Last edited:
As long as Nikon and Canon both retain enough market share to stay in healthy business then that's all I care about.
Going back and forth as to who produces top dog is what drives technology.

That and porn.
 
The rising popularity of Sony? LOL, they went from a 8.5 to a 4 percent market share... in one year. Not good. :lol:
I guess my point was that 2 years ago they weren't even 1%. Yeah, they jumped, fell off and if their new models are popular (low cost full frames) then they should see an increase again.
 
I swear, you Nikon guys are a bunch of cheaters. Notice how Canon stayed in the lead all this time and once we started giving you a hard time about it... poof, Nikon pulls in the lead.

Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right?

I do have an "other" camera, a Samsung point/shoot, which I absolutely HATE HATE HATE. Talk about no control, and what control I do have, it takes me 3445968374 seconds to dig into the menu to change stuff. But, it does fit in my pocket:confused:
 
I'm not sure exactly but the recently introduced D3000 and D5000 seem to be moderately expensive for a consumer DSLR, especially if you compare them to the discontinued baby Nikons. I always thought the Canons costed a bit less, but I'm not sure.
 
I guess my point was that 2 years ago they weren't even 1%. Yeah, they jumped, fell off and if their new models are popular (low cost full frames) then they should see an increase again.

Um, Sony had a ~ 6% market share in the DSLR market in the years leading up to 2007:

2007 Worldwide Digital Camera Market Share Review - Digital SLR Blog - DigitalCameraInfo.com

But yes, we'll have to see if their future low-cost FF models will prove to be popular. It doesn't seem like their current one -- the Alpha 850 -- is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom