What camera does everyone have/use?

i'm using the canon rebel xs.
i use to have an olympus e-500

And here we go with a 6 year old thread, or maybe nearer 7 soon

And here we go with a 6 year old thread, or maybe nearer 7 soon

Heck ya! Thread resurrection.

Just for the heck of it
Canon 5D MK II due to the sad passing of my XS(RIP little guy)
:sexywink:(some how i thought an expensive camera would make me forget its passing)
:grumpy:-didn't work(it is now an over priced cup holder for my friends nikon lens mug[the xs that is])

I think the film camera i have is a 2000N (check my sig to be sure)

I also have a buch of gear i can borrow from my school.

Nikon D80 gripped, D90 gripped, D7000 gripped (my main digitals)
12-24 f4, 24-70 f2.8, 80-200 f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 105mm Micro f2.8, 70-300 4-5.6, 500mm f8 mirror
Nikon N90s (uses same lenses as above for all my black and white)
Nikon FG x2 for fun one with MD-14 motor drive, data back and 50mm 1.8 Series E
Yachica Mat124G medium format for fun
Nikon L20 (car glove box)
Nikon Coolpix 8000 (my vacation camera, etc)
Contax G1 with 28mm, 45mm, and 80mm Zeiss lenses (my baby! personal work)
4x5 Monorail with 90mm, 135mm and 210mm lenses (LF work, and some fun)
Little Vivitar waterproof fun digital camera

I am sure I missed some....heh

Allan

I have a lot more cameras than I use...

These days, the only ones I really use enough to keep fresh batteries in them are an Olympus E-300 and a Canon 1N RS.

Threads are never meant to die.

The people that complain about bringing back dead threads are usually the same people that complain about people not using the search function (not just here - every forum is like that). Think about that for a minute! :lol:

Which is it? Search and resurrect a dead thread, or don't bother searching and start a new thread for a topic that's already been covered...?

Last edited:
Not complaining, i just fine it strange. Am i the only person who looks at the time stamp on the thread.

Oh, I mean - I find it strange too... But, (I didn't necessarily mean you, just a general observation) you always see the "Use the search function!" responses and the "Oh, another dead thread, resurrected" responses - and often they come from the same person.

edit
Noobs will get chastised for not searching, when had they actually done a search and posted in the relevant thread, they would get chastised for reviving a dead topic.

Oh, I mean - I find it strange too... But, (I didn't necessarily mean you, just a general observation) you always see the "Use the search function!" responses and the "Oh, another dead thread, resurrected" responses - and often they come from the same person.

edit
Noobs will get chastised for not searching, when had they actually done a search and posted in the relevant thread, they would get chastised for reviving a dead topic.

True. Also chastised for not using Google for simple answers... Search boxes are a GOOD thing!

edit

True. Also chastised for not using Google for simple answers... Search boxes are a GOOD thing!
(I'm not talking about you here - your comment just made me want to say this.)

The whole "google it" thing is kinda weird to me too. That's like saying "why are you even here, we don't want you. Go ask your stupid questions on some other forum".

Everybody knows what google is.

If google could answer all the questions, this forum would not exist.

Also very true. Some people will want answers based on experience--totally understand that. There are some instances where it would make more sense to google for a quick answer, but to each their own. I wouldn't blame someone either way. :) The forum's a commonwealth for photog knowledge, and I'm pretty grateful for it.

The point is, if you see a thread where someone is asking some totally stupid question (in your opinion), just hit the back button and move on.

There is no need to insult them just for asking the question - but that happens all the time here.

People see a thread with what they feel is a stupid question and feel compelled to comment on how stupid the question is, and how dare you ask it.

Cameras on my shelf...

Canon 30D - Digital
Canon 50D - Digital
Canon EOS 620 –Film
Canon EOS 650 (two) –Film
Canon Rebel Xs - Film
Canon XTSi –Film
GAF L-17 - Film
Kiev 88 – Mediaum Format Film
Mamiya RB67 – Medium Format Film
Minolta 5000I - Film
Minolta Maxxum 5 –Film
Minolta XTSi – Film
Nikon 8008s (two) –Film
Nikon FG – Film
Nikon N80 – Film
Pentax Spotmatic - Film
Polaroid Swinger - Film

And yes. Depending on my mood, I use them all...

And yes. I'm addicted to ebay.

makes sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back