What camera for band promo photo?

lttoler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I play in a couple of different bands and am needing a promo photo for one of them. I am a beginner but am semi interested in this. What is a good camera between the $400 and $750 range that I should start out with? I am more interested in quality than features. Thanks in advance for your comments!

Sigma sd1 is perfect for you. Or maybe a Leica M9. They are small and cute cameras. Nikon has that new one the d800 too.

I play in a couple of different bands and am needing a promo photo for one of them. I am a beginner but am semi interested in this. What is a good camera between the $400 and $750 range that I should start out with? I am more interested in quality than features. Thanks in advance for your comments!

If you find any camera/lens in this price range good for professional promo photos please let me know!

If you find any camera/lens in this price range good for professional promo photos please let me know!

I listed three above. Those are all in his price range.

You can't just buy a camera and make a good picture. Band photos most of the time use off camera lighting too.

Ive got one, Mamiya C330 if you know how to shoot film get it scanned and you can have a 30mp image

You can't just buy a camera and make a good picture. Band photos most of the time use off camera lighting too.

That comes as part of the kit with all cameras. I dont know why everyone is giving you such a hard time.

Ive got one, Mamiya C330 if you know how to shoot film get it scanned and you can have a 30mp image

I love mamiya.

DiskoJoe, hopefully he will google your camera suggestions and the band promo's will be a mad success!

Okay, maybe this is a much more advanced forum than I needed to go to. I am wanting a simple promo shot that will work for cover band gigs. The quality doesn't have to be superb, but I don't want it to be trashy either, and that's what my current point and shoot seems to give me. This is my other bands shot that was taken by us using the self timer on another members camera. I would be happy with something similar to this...

IMG_6484logo.jpg

........ I would be happy with something similar to this...

FYI.... it's against forum rules to post a photo that isn't yours or you don't have the right to post it.

Is the other member that had the camera not in the band any longer?

yes, that is my band's photo, and you are correct, the member is no longer in the band...

Most reactions

Back