What camera to buy?

nto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I've never owned a digital camera before but I'm going to on a long holiday this summer, so I've decided it's time I acquire one.

I'm used to just taking pictures with my mobile phone but it has 3 MP camera, the quality would make most grown men writhe in their sleep. :)
I'm looking for something that is a compromise between price and quality. I'm not gonna be using many fancy features and I'm guessing most of my images will be taken in broad daylight.

Looking around the net I stumbled upon Canon Digital IXUS 90 IS, which seems to have received decent reviews. It could be what I'm looking for, but I'm still a bit torn. The model is from March 2008, so I'm not sure if it's wise for me to buy this one or not.

My question is, can you recommend me any cameras that suit my needs? Basically all I want is to take photos of where I've been, nothing too technical :)

Thanks in advance,
nto.

I have taken my Canon point and shoot on vacation to save room and for convenience. I have a dslr, but there are times when I can't travel with it and all its lenses.

My point and shoot is the Canon sd 700 IS and I love it. There are newer models, but give this line a try. You won't be sorry.

I have taken my Canon point and shoot on vacation to save room and for convenience. I have a dslr, but there are times when I can't travel with it and all its lenses.

My point and shoot is the Canon sd 700 IS and I love it. There are newer models, but give this line a try. You won't be sorry.

I'll take a look at it, thanks :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back