What could make this better? Pretty sure something is off.

"out of place" is definitely a feeling I have.

Wouldn't it be boring without the contrast, and all that boring repitition?

Yes, I'm just suggesting taking the edge off the shine so you see the darkness in contrast with the setting. My eyes seem to focus only on the reflections in the black form.

Is this request for comment in accordance with the directive from Overlord, errr... I mean Overread?

Yes tirediron. I am new to challenging the viewer and pushing boundaries. I think this benefits beginners, and is forum appropriate.

But isn't that the point! Being out of place?

I get your idea - - but I think it looks too artificial, like it was set up. So the immediate reaction is "no" that doesn't work. IMHO.

I appreciate your point of view.

It's interesting where one image looks set up and doesn't work (for some), yet another image is said to be too cluttered, where if I intervened and removed some elements to set up a better image it would have been more successful. What predicaments. LOL

What I think is a greater lesson here is that you listened to peoples point of view and didn't get all Huffy-Puffy when they didn't agree with your vision. Good attitude for a "beginner" ;)

I just find it boring.

And you are allowed to! That's what's awesome!

I appreciate your point of view.

It's interesting where one image looks set up and doesn't work (for some), yet another image is said to be too cluttered, where if I intervened and removed some elements to set up a better image it would have been more successful. What predicaments. LOL

It has to do with the humanity of society. It's the same science behind trying to determine what makes an attractive human being. A lot of it is based on the Fibbonacci number, and humanity's search for order in a chaotic world. It's not as abstract as it seems.

It does what you want it to do, but would be more effective in the context of a series with the same theme.

I kinda miss the bottom leading line. If taken with a slightly wider lens from a slightly higher perspective so that you don't lose too much of those wonderful arches but still gain a bit of the support he's sitting on. Any chance this is a crop and there's more on the virtual cutting floor?

The subject was capturing street art found in an unlikely place, in an artful manner. It wasn't about the architecture. *scratches head*

Then this is a difficult challenge based on the composition you've chosen. The arches lead my eyes away from the street art. Luckily the concrete structure directly around the art has lighter tones than the rest concrete which brings the eyes back.

Maybe some dodge/burning is in order.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back