What did you get for Christmas?!

Dom6663

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a Carl Zeiss 150mm f4 Sonnar!

Just curious to hear what you guys got!

I got an AB800, and a pair of E-TTL Flash Transmitters. Overall, a great Christmas.

I got a spare battery, a 62mm filter, a shutter remote and a Sony 50mm f1.8. :mrgreen: Although the lens didn't get here in time so the wife wrapped and gave me this instead... :lmao:

DSC02288Medium.jpg

$20 Walmart gift card!

A canon 60d! But I can't figure out how to change the f stop and its annoying me... I miss having an aperture ring.

A canon 60d! But I can't figure out how to change the f stop and its annoying me... I miss having an aperture ring.

Put it on manual. The control wheel on the back of the camera controls the aperture. You may have to hit the unlock button as well.

Hold down the "A/V" button and turn the wheel behind the shutter button.

gift card for Wal Mart from some relatives, more mentoring from a friend of the family who is a Pro Photographer. He brought his P&S to the gathering and was standing behind me watching me do some photos and I didn't notice it until I went to back up and looked before I did & saw him standing there. He then commented on my photos. I got positive remarks

I got another battery for my D7000, everything else was non-photography related. Small Christmas (my family doesn't have much, so I always give more than I receive, which is cool. Grandad made out like a goddamn bandit, with about $400 in tools), but I got a bunch of little things I had been wanting:

Untitled by adversus.us, on Flickr

Hold down the "A/V" button and turn the wheel behind the shutter button.

It doesn't have an Av button, it has a dedicated aperture dial when in Manual mode.

Nothing fun yet. The wife and I decide to wait a week or two and get a new TV. Hopefully they'll be on sale. Got the kids tons of stuff though.

$25 VISA gift card from one of my supervisors at work, $10 to a local sub franchise from my department boss at work, then an assortment of edibles from playing a game for gifts with family (we don't exchange anymore, we play games for universal gifts).

We stopped exchanging gifts years ago. We're all old now and we can buy what we need if we want it. So it's just games for gifts and more about the family time now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back