What did you learn today?

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Today I reached into my camera bag to grab a different lens, when I heard a soft "thud" from my side, to my horror, my tripod, camera and all, fell over into the soft mud. At first I was confused what could have caused this, until I saw one leg fully retracted and remember that before I opted for a shorter lens, I decided a lower perspective was needed. Turns out, I went to grab the lens in the middle of shortening the tripod, and then completely forgotten what I was doing.

Today I learned that multitasking is not always a beneficial quality.

ACK! A nightmare of a situation! Did the camera survive?

Oh yeah. There's still enough Minolta in the a700 that it wasn't a problem :)

Good thing I couldn't afford a later model! :lol:

Actually, the soil was pretty soft from snowmelt. My lenshood is a bit muddy, and there's soem dirt in the camera's nameplate, but no damage as far as I could tell, and it happened pretty early on. I'm just glad it happened where it did.

^^ i think you're over complicating matter.

Mine isn't quite as dramatic a that lol.

I learned that Photoshop is like a braindead, inbred hillbilly when it comes to panoramas.

^^ well, I also could not for the life of me figure out why my previews were all blurry. turned out I had the sharpness setting to "-3", thinking that -3 would have no sharpening applied. Instead it blurs it. WTF? Why would you want to very slightly blur your photos, so slight it looks unintentional? Fortunately I shoot raw... anyway, I figured the absent-minded photographer story was a bit more entertaining.

Today I learned that I have less than 3 months to teach and conduct my first song for orchestra. *nervous*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back