What's new

What did you say?!!!

At age 29?? She just got started.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #17
I got into photography 3 years ago....=) About a week before joining this forum....lol
 
How was this accomplished?
 
How was this accomplished?

We asked her that already. All she'll admit to is "with a camera". The rest is a sweet mystery. Except for those that want to do the same - then it's torture each time she does that, and we can't. But you can't take away her artistry.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #22
There is very little done in PP.......:-P
 
How was this accomplished?

We asked her that already. All she'll admit to is "with a camera". The rest is a sweet mystery. Except for those that want to do the same - then it's torture each time she does that, and we can't. But you can't take away her artistry.


I made an attempt to do something like this after being inspired by a previous post by OP. I didn't come close (even though I was reasonably pleased with the end result) but I learned so much about "outside the box" techniques.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #24
How was this accomplished?

We asked her that already. All she'll admit to is "with a camera". The rest is a sweet mystery. Except for those that want to do the same - then it's torture each time she does that, and we can't. But you can't take away her artistry.


I made an attempt to do something like this after being inspired by a previous post by OP. I didn't come close (even though I was reasonably pleased with the end result) but I learned so much about "outside the box" techniques.

That's very cool that I inspired you to try something different!! Did you post the shot here? If you did, can I take a look? :D
 
We asked her that already. All she'll admit to is "with a camera". The rest is a sweet mystery. Except for those that want to do the same - then it's torture each time she does that, and we can't. But you can't take away her artistry.


I made an attempt to do something like this after being inspired by a previous post by OP. I didn't come close (even though I was reasonably pleased with the end result) but I learned so much about "outside the box" techniques.

That's very cool that I inspired you to try something different!! Did you post the shot here? If you did, can I take a look? :D

^+1
Most of my latest floral attempts have been in some way inspired by what you do. They are nothing like yours, and I don't want them to be, but they happened as a result of inspiration from yours.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/288386-warning-amateur-inspired-mishele.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/nature-wildlife/289595-naturally-abstract.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/macro-photography/292567-passion-shots.html
 
I still don't understand how this was done? I saw someone say bath salts? Do you use film? Otherwise I haven't a clue how Bath salts did this...
 
Well, that's the creative part. Mishele has figured out how to use wide aperture, a macro lens, a flash, and some camera movement to create very unique shots. I'm sure there's more to it, and part of the fun is trying to reverse-engineer the image to figure out how she did it. As for bath salts, well, that was another joke. Some claim that an appropriate beverage (or combination) is needed to create those images. I'm sure you could get the same vision, but you wouldn't be able to recored it in you DSLR. Frankly, sometimes it is sufficient to appreciate a work of art, without knowing all the details behind how the magic was done.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #29
lol Sorry to laugh but Bath Salts is a street name for a drug that is a hallucinogen. We were just playing around when we said they were used.

The shot was taken w/ a Canon 5D Mark II and a 100mm Macro lens.
I shoot most of my flower stuff at f2.8. That's about all the info. I give out on how it's done.
If you are still interested in how it's done, try looking through some of my other threads. I've had some fun conversation on how I do, what I do. :D
 
Thanks for the explanation. Gives me a new appreciation for what you do. A true artist. You are able to create a stunning image with you and your camera, not some fancy software.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom