What did you shoot this weekend?

Took my son to the football field to pass the ball around. His sister and cousin came along. Also, finally got a decent moon shot!

1. Daughter and cousin

3189558267_4b73f43e4d.jpg

2. Son climbing the stands
3190422510_7e5b8f52e3.jpg

3. Moon shot
3190125924_7413ab61e7.jpg

453919966_kBz7h-L.jpg

Just got this processed out from shooting on Saturday.

Last edited:
^^^ thats a great photo.. care to share your strobist info??

Thanks :) It was shot with two AB800s positioned so that one was behind him with a bare reflector and the other was in front of him with a brolly box. The background was close to black but I burnt it in to get the smooth black you see here.

I got a new lens and was giving it a trial run. Found some tree cankers that looked pretty cool on a walk through the woods on Sunday.

Tree-Cankers-24.jpg

Tree-Cankers-23-web.jpg

BTW, it was a macro lens......
Tree-Cankers-1.jpg

... and a 100% crop from the above.
TreeCankers-1-100.jpg

Although I'm still along way from fully understanding the macro effect, I was also trying to work the lighting kinks out on some jewelry shots. This is one of my Aussie Opals.
Opals-10-Web.jpg

Not much else to write home about.......... :lol:

lol ....... i know it's a good flash, but ..... let's not get too carried away here ......... lol
LOL...my friend was in the middle of setting up for the group shot (he put on the flash and was about to change lenses to his EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM) when the magic words were said..."Lunch is ready."...he stopped what he was doing and went to make his plate and eat.

We were shooting at Waikiki Beach and he was using the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM to shoot "people" on the beach.

It's cool to see the moon from different posters all looking the same!..

My son
IMG_3135pptt-vi.jpg

and a little film..
img472p-vi.jpg

img448p-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back