What do/don't you like about TPF?

The primary thing I dislike about TPF (and this certainly isn't unique to TPF) is the vast number of people who, when they post, write nonsense which is completely devoid of value. These are people who, statistically, lack basic social skills and believe that their presence on an internet forum is the equivalent of "having a life". These are people who are incapable of saying anything constructive, and prefer to be mean and rude in a sad attempt to, in their own pointed little heads, justify their pitiful existence.

They're also the same people who will take exception to this post...

Goddammit!

Yeah, how can you write anything to that ?

I think some people have so much to say in their head that they write a tirant of jumbled mess that is totally misunderstood and misconstrived.

Or perfectly understood and interpreted.

It's all the sarcasm that gets me down.

Boy this thread was a good idea!

The primary thing I dislike about TPF (and this certainly isn't unique to TPF) is the vast number of people who, when they post, write nonsense which is completely devoid of value. These are people who, statistically, lack basic social skills and believe that their presence on an internet forum is the equivalent of "having a life". These are people who are incapable of saying anything constructive, and prefer to be mean and rude in a sad attempt to, in their own pointed little heads, justify their pitiful existence.

They're also the same people who will take exception to this post...

Goddammit!

LOL!

Actually, you weren't one of the people who I was referring to.

Don't get me wrong, though, you're close...

:wink:

LOL!

I like to ride that ragged edge between order and chaos.

I have my lucid moments of useful contributions but these are often outweighed by my intolerance for unjustifiable pretense.

LOL!

I like to ride that ragged edge between order and chaos.

I have my lucid moments of useful contributions but these are often outweighed by my intolerance for unjustifiable pretense.

And, let's face it, sometimes there's a time and a place for unjustifiable pretense...

I like the good information I can find here, though it does take a bit of sifting through slag to get to some of it.
I like a lot of the people here :heart:
and the Ignore List for those that I don't care for.

I could do with a bit less drama.

A... pizza party?

A grown up party with adult sodas and lots of no clothes hugging.

Coed naked Twister - sweet!!

I like the good information I can find here, though it does take a bit of sifting through slag to get to some of it.
I like a lot of the people here :heart:
and the Ignore List for those that I don't care for.

I could do with a bit less drama.

A... pizza party?

A grown up party with adult sodas and lots of no clothes hugging.

Coed naked Twister - sweet!!

I write a lot of slag as I don't know what I'm doing compared to 'ya all

but I'm getting better, which is what I like about TPF, the Toilet Paper Forum :)

I do not think every opinion should me necessary followed by 'this is my opinion'. All opinions regarding creative side of photography are personal by default. I think it is always good when people have strong opinions. Even more so if they are capable and willing to defend it with good arguments. A clash of strong opinions is probably the best thing you can get sometimes, it can wake up to some new ideas. Just do not take it personal.

Yes, I agree when it is about a discussion of some sort. I enjoy reading some discussions even when I'm not a part of them because of different opinions and people presenting their point of view. But when c&c some people present their own personal preference as a must. Hope I explained what I meant in the first place.
An of course, this is just my opinion! :)

Too many beginners and even some intermediates tend to categorize a negative C & C as just a personal preference or opinion of the viewer and a positive C & C as an accurate, objective assessment. As they say: "It aint necessarily so!" Beginners tend to see far less in technique, detail, and composition and their basis of comparison is on having viewed far fewer top quality photos. Some of the more experienced photographers know exactly what is wrong with a photo down to the smallest detail for the simple reason that they are dealing with photo editors and artistic directors on a regular basis and shoot thousands of photos. To put it another way, they know every mistake that can be made, because they have made it themselves, perhaps on a "bad day". and the photo editor or artistic director has pointed it out. My point is that it is not personal opinion but rather a consensus, learned from working in a particular area of photography.

I'll tell 'ya one thing. I love reading the C&Cs to pick up on tips and techniques.

I haven't really done a "portrait" yet, but when I do I'm confident enough that I know I will suck and at least be able to improve from that point on :)

Like Steve said above-

This forum is filled with excellent advice, critique and overall conversation. However, there's a whole load of nonsense as well. It's at times like sifting through the garbage can because you accidentally dropped something valuable in there. You'll eventually find it...you just have to deal with the trash first.

Most reactions

Back