TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hnc2.jpg

ugh....how the heck did that happen?

ugh....how the heck did that happen?

You focused incorrectly? :lol:

What were you focusing on in this shot? What focus point did you use?

It looks kind of pixelated to me too... did you crop in a lot for this?

I used auto selec...19 point af & Evaluative meter........is that not what I should use??? I have a lot to learn!

Yes.. Like Emily Rose said... focus is soft.... AT F14 with a 55mm FL! So I am assuming you probably did that in post? Could have been a cute shot if it wasn't OOF! :)

Nice image. Although it is a tad soft it's still an image a loving parent would be happy to have, so long as it was the best of the batch and you had nothing better to offer.

Gonna Learn!!! Ya it would have been cute! Oh well.......

I used auto selec...19 point af & Evaluative meter........is that not what I should use??? I have a lot to learn!

No, haha.

It looks like to me that it selected the furry stuff in the foreground. Or maybe the button... I can't really tell to be honest, haha. However, if you let the camera pick a point it's not always going to know what YOU want to be in focus.

You should have selected a point (over the eye preferably) and went with that and then her face would have been in focus. :sillysmi:

Keep trying!!

No, haha.

It looks like to me that it selected the furry stuff in the foreground. Or maybe the button... I can't really tell to be honest, haha. However, if you let the camera pick a point it's not always going to know what YOU want to be in focus.

You should have selected a point (over the eye preferably) and went with that and then her face would have been in focus. :sillysmi:

Keep trying!!

So do I want it on manual selection point? Spot AF???

No, haha.

Keep trying!!

So do I want it on manual selection point? Spot AF???

I'm not sure what you mean by Spot AF... but you are able to select specific AF points on your camera. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but check your manual about this. You said you have 19 points, right? Well you can tell your camera to stick with any one of those 19 points and you can change your selection at any time.

Next time you do something like this, pick a selection point that falls over the eye of your subject and use that one to focus. :sillysmi:

Wait... do you mean Spot METERING? Your meter mode has nothing to do with your AF points. I'm strictly talking about AF points here, haha. If you're mixing up your terms... and I think you might be, again, I don't mean to state the obvious, but you should spend a little more time with your camera manual. It will explain all this stuff in a pretty basic manner :)

no not the metering......I mean the Manual Selection point rather than what I used....Auto Select 19 point AF

If you're using 19 point AF, you still have the control to choose your specific focus point from the 19. Move the red focus box around till you hit your mark. I run around with my finger on that thing, this way I never miss the spot when I'm flipping my camera side to side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back