What do you do when?

misol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you do when a client isnt happy about how they look in your photos. But it isnt really the photos?

I just did a second maternity shoot. I think the mother gained some weight besides the baby bump and I did my very best to take flattering photos. I think my downfall was the husband had so many ideas, I felt like I had to show alot of pics that didnt have great angles because they were his ideas. So that is my bad. But overall it was a very successful shoot and people who dont know the couple have given me alot of positive feedback (people who are known for telling me the truth).

But the mom doesnt like them. She said there are a couple she loves and that its because she thinks she looks awful "hormonal and pregnant". I just feel bad. I want everyone to look at their photos and feel good about them. And this is the first time I have gotten this kind of reaction. I told her if there was anything I could do, please let me know. She asked me to make an edit and I did the best I could do. I dont mind trying to make things better for her. But do I offer a reshoot? I think I could do somethings to make her look smaller, but it would have to be studio work. But this was a free shoot to begin with (to break into maternity photography).

So I am wondering, what do you all do when a client isnt happy with how they look, even when you feel like you did everything you could to make flattering photos?

oh reshooting might be tricky because I am booked for then next couple weeks and I think she is only going to feel less attractive as time goes on. Argh!

But this was a free shoot to begin with
Ah ha....
As this was a free shoot, I would quoter her at least $75 per hour for touch ups....or what ever your price should be for a full reshoot.

The problem with doing something free, is that the 'client' doesn't always associate it with something valuable and may not give it the respect it deserves. Also, with some people, if you give them an inch, they try to take a mile. I'm not saying that that is the case here...but it's something to think about.

Also, I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to make things right when a client isn't happy....but don't let them take advantage of you.

She has come around after getting alot of compliments. I think she just needed people to help her feel better about her self. Her sister told me the family plans on buying several. It really wasnt to make money, more to get maternity experience

Most reactions

New Topics

Back