What do you do with these pictures?

I get a queasy feeling looking at it, I dunno. Nice attempt, it does clean up the background, its just a bit odd

yeah, gonna go with that. Saw something similar in a book but with a wedding dress. But if I find out something more clever I'll post.

It's a bad photo for a wedding book, period.

Post processing won't make it better... unless you're a genius with Photoshop (which doesn't appear to be the case), just learn from it and move on.

Do you have other shots?
Just this one shot is not very good, comp wise, but if you put 3 or 4 together in a row, kind of like they are doing the steps of a dance, in order?

Do you have other shots?
Just this one shot is not very good, comp wise, but if you put 3 or 4 together in a row, kind of like they are doing the steps of a dance, in order?

Yeah I'll check. But I do have shots of them dancing. I just wish I had a better shot of them on the "starting" process

Do you have other shots?

I 100% agree with this and feel stupid for not thinking of it because I did that myself.

And I did it with one shot. Crop it differently with a slightly different effect on each and you can get a series that makes a nice album page.

You are bothered about one image but a wedding album is not one (1) image, it is a set of images that tell a story.

No, you will not sell this shot as a stand alone but you can find a way to make a very nice page in the album with it. Be creative. :D

If you're doing a small wedding and people are all over the place. Walking around minding their own business in the background but the subject is the father and the bride having their dance. Is there much you can do? Even moring to another direction wouldn't have doen much because then the father and bride would be facing their back toward me. Small budget wedding in a 10x10 dance floor. Didn't have much room to work with. I find the picture to be crap but I know it'd mean a lot to them.

You are documenting a wedding and not producing a film. Get use to reality and learn to use it to your advantage. The people in the background here and else where provide the context. Use that fact.

Boring boring boring is just another head shot of a subject, the same subject with a background for context can produce excitement instead of same old boring.

73738_125082130882851_100001431947276_157889_4308881_n.jpg

Here is my comp of the father/daughter dance.
Small wedding, maybe 50 or so guests....
But also small room.
I think it tells a story, each photo on its own is trash, but together they work

Ok, soooo I been thinking about this shot and trying to see if I can do anything to make them the focus of the image. Here are a few versions I came up with. I find #3 the best and much better than the original version....

..:: Blows chunks::..

Nah, I'd try something else.

Sometimes you get what you get and there ain't nothin you can do with it. The original is much better than the edits. Sad, but true.

I find #3 the best and much better than the original version....

76694_10150338922785226_882565225_16064261_2942231_n.jpg

Print #3, and take a photo of their faces when they look at it- that photo will tell a story for sure... I would title it "WTF?!?"

I do not see why you are so attached to this photo... dump it in the bin and move on to something else.

p!nK

For a shot as important as the father/bride dance, wouldn't you position yourself where you have an appropriate background and then wait for the right shot, or direct the subjects where you want them? They don't have to pose.

if they are dancing.. why dont you make them dance.. BOO YA

dancing.jpg

if they are dancing.. why dont you make them dance.. BOO YA

dancing.jpg

Way to go Schwetty... you made a small room even SMALLER.

I actually like the edit- it solves a lot of issues with the original photo

Ever watch "How I Met Your Mother"? There is an episode where the one guy shaves his head right before his wedding, they go through all these crazy ways to fix it which would just make it worse and more obvious, all the while overlooking the obvious "just wear a hat solution". Don't know why, but this thread and seeing your edit made me think of that episode....

p!nK

I could have kept everything the same and make everyone dissapear but that would take me maybe 30 minute.. Just a quick dirty 5 minute edit. No I dont watch that show. But really I will never do extreme cloning edit unless it is a must.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back