What do you do with your photos?

Boomn4x4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I understand portrait photography where there is sentimental value, or sale to a customer value... but what about all the other types of photography? What do you do with your shots? How many of you sell them? Or do you just take them as a hobby, put them on disk and archive them away never to be seen again.

I print some of them out, some are hanging on my wall or some friend's walls. I have plans on making a calendar with 12 of my images as a gift to some people who have been supportive and such.

I once and a while go through some older images and find some things that I first thought were just ok, but after learning some new tricks in post processing or seeing things differently, I might crop and adjust and make something nice out of it.

Print quite a few of mine and have them hanging on the walls...all the way from 8x10's up to one 20x30. I have probably about 12 of my "artistic" photos up on my walls right now and only 12 because I'm out of frames. My folks have have 5 or 6 of my photos throughout their house. I'm planning to start a "portfolio book" to leave out with all of my best prints for people to look at when they are over. I will also use this to try and get businesses to hang my stuff with a pricetag in the corner when I get up the nerve.

Prints of my wife and daughter usually get sent out to family at strategic moments.
Otherwise my images end up on my flicker or as screensavers. I did print out one image to hang on my wall but picked a size for which I couldn't find a frame. . . .. d'oh!

i did a shoot of my wife once, i printed one for my office desk, some for her sister and parents.
some pictures of my dog in the houses.
some landscape printed for my house
i did some print as gift for friends and familly

i always give 2 medium-large print to my TFP models for thier portfolios.

Depends on who it's for. The pics I have of my children make great mothersday or Christmas presents to my mother and mil. I use some for Christmas cards, invitations, etc. I frame them and hang them. I only really dream of selling my more artistic ones. Would b nice.

• Family digital picture frames.
  • Online Gallery
  • I do a lot for my church so a whole bunch end up on that gallery. There is also an area where parents can log in and download copies.
  • Print for my cubical at work, eventually I'll print some for the walls at home.
  • As I build my portfolio I will do more local work, and try and partner with a shop to sell prints.
  • Some get used on my blog to illustrate a technique or tip.
  • Some get shared on Facebook with friends and family.
I eventually want to sell my work from local shots, maybe make a calendar or two to share with family and friends, maybe a local flavor calendar to sell at a shop or two I hope to eventually partner with.

I like the idea that NateS shared about a portfolio book to leave on the table for visitors to see. May even make books to share with family. A thought that just came to mind is to offer to do some shots for family and friends, maybe use those shots in the portfolio books. Give them all a copy for their homes. Then maybe their friends and family will see it and ask about it, etc,etc.. may lead to some work. Hmmmm.

A guy on DPreview does a lot of then and now shtos of NY, I would like to do some kind of shots (maybe not then and now) of my city and make a book. Not sure then and now, but maybe a series of something unique in my city.

I e-mail them to friends, and family.
Post them on photobucket, to get criticized here. :lol:
Make small posters (16X20)
Load memory cards for my wife's picture frame at work.

I plan on getting a huge external hard drive, so I can load,
and organize the digital pictures I've been taking since 2000.
(mostly with point and shoots, up til about 7 months ago)

What do I do with most of my photos? Delete 'em. Hah...

Other than that Ill get rid of any that are technically garbage, mess around with some in Gimp, post ones I like on Facebook (mainly travel photos), or archive onto DvdRs... Ive gotten a few printed out ( none for personal enjoyment ) but as promo posters for a good friends band.

hey a JF member! :hugs:

hey a JF member! :hugs:

LOL, yeah aka: XJ99.. Someone over there told
me about this place. I think it was FmrVette,
or xjken99???

probably FmrVette. I think he recommended this site to me long ago but I never signed up and stumbled upon it again the other day.

My best ones go in my show off portfolios. When I get my studio they will go up on my walls. There are some hanging around my place, and I've given copies of the portraits I've taken to the people that I used as subjects. Ditto copies to friends. More than one pal has a scenic shot they really liked up on their wall. Some I share online in the forums I am a member of. Maybe one day I'll be good enough to have a proper art show. I don't know, but that's a thought, for down the road.

I blog my pictures and I try my best to get notice by people on the blog.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back