What's new

What do you guys think of this photo. I think it's pretty good, but I'm a n00b.

drkuba

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
horesbarnfog.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/kuba11/horesbarnfog.jpg?t=1165381609
 
hmm, looking at it now makes me think I should have darkened it up a bit in photoshop....
 
It needs contrast.
 
I tried to make you link work so a photo would show up in the thread and for some very obscure reason it does NOT work ... and this is PHOTOBUCKET ... I mean: hotlinking from Photobucket has never been a problem, ever ... :scratch: I don't get it ... sorry --- if you see the "Last edited by LaFoto" underneath your thread this is only because I tried to help.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, drkuba, and this is quite good for a self-proclaimed newbie to photography: few would even think of taking photos in such very foggy weather ... and the fog accounts for the lack of contrasts and that is why I would not up the contrasts. They were not there to begin with, the mist had swallowed them all up, anyway.
 
I like it I think the logo is a bit much even for me who puts words all over the place in my shots. Unless of course it is an advertisement if so then never mind.
 
Welcome to TPF...I particularly like your composition. Personnaly I would add a tad more contrast but overall you have a winner. I also like that it tells me a story.
 
I like it, kinda creepy.
 
I like it a LOT.

"It needs contrast." I don't really think it needs contrast though. Not sure, but it seems perfect to me. I love the fog and creepiness to it. I'd be scared to be there!
 
I LOVE the concept but I would agree with some here that it needs a tiny bit more contast. Great photo, I look forward to seeing more.
 
Thanks a lot guys! I will see what it looks like if I change the contrast. As far as the logo... lol, I see all the cool kids doing it when they post their pictures on the internet so I photoshopped that in. O yea, I tried to pot the
 
Just wanted to add that I did partially desaturate it. The grass was a lot greener in the original shot.
 
Thanks gizmo! How'd you do that?


So I opened my PSD file for this picture before I converted it to JPEG to psot online, and the picture looks a lot darker there.. Why does covnerting to JPEG change the image so much? Is this a common problem?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom