What do you guys think

Omarphoto6911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woke up at 4am for this shot editing took some time but was worth it
IMG_0038.JPG

so much chest, but no room above head...

since the head is already clipped a bit, and there's no value add from the chest, i'd try a 1:1 square crop.

I think the portrait showing so much chest/shirt & jacket takes away from the power of the face. His head is almost in the frame (just barely), so it's tight but it might work to make copies and try some various crops and see what you can do with it. The face/portrait is to me good enough to work with it some.

edit - I noticed too looking again that the collar seems to be flatter on one side so I'd think about how much to crop and if one/either side needs a slight crop - sometimes not being quite centered can work. I think my instinct would be to - make copies first - then lop off a major portion of the bottom and make it in tight to show the face with enough collar to frame him. But that's just my thought, not necessarily a right or wrong with cropping it but a preference.

Last edited:
I would like to see it square also ... take some off the top and a bunch off the bottom. The head is slightly cropped ... so slightly that it appears to be more by accident than intent. Generally, crops need to look intentional ... a deeper crop would project intent rather than accident.

I would like to see it square also ... take some off the top and a bunch off the bottom. The head is slightly cropped ... so slightly that it appears to be more by accident than intent. Generally, crops need to look intentional ... a deeper crop would project intent rather than accident.

Thank you I’ll fix right away

I think the portrait showing so much chest/shirt & jacket takes away from the power of the face. His head is almost in the frame (just barely), so it's tight but it might work to make copies and try some various crops and see what you can do with it. The face/portrait is to me good enough to work with it some.

edit - I noticed too looking again that the collar seems to be flatter on one side so I'd think about how much to crop and if one/either side needs a slight crop - sometimes not being quite centered can work. I think my instinct would be to - make copies first - then lop off a major portion of the bottom and make it in tight to show the face with enough collar to frame him. But that's just my thought, not necessarily a right or wrong with cropping it but a preference.

I’ll try that thanks

Ok how about this
IMG_0038.JPG

Ok how about this ?
IMG_0038.JPG

those last three look exactly the same. (as each other)

since the head is already clipped a bit, and there's no value add from the chest, i'd try a 1:1 square crop.

Yes.
Yes.
and, again, Yes.

Gotta watch out for head-chops that look accidental.

Cutting off the top of a person's head in a highly-realistic or "neorealism" type of portrait is kind of a no-no.

The suggestion was a square crop. The revision you posted is not close to square. Your profile says photos Not OK to edit so no one can post an example for you...

Yes.
Yes.
and, again, Yes.

Gotta watch out for head-chops that look accidental.

Cutting off the top of a person's head in a highly-realistic or "neorealism" type of portrait is kind of a no-no.

Oh thank you I️ did not know that I️ have only been shooting for a year so I’m still learning

Most reactions

New Topics

Back