TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildricephotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
072110%20026.JPG

160 1/40 3.2 :er::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbup:

If you have a photo with a lot of blown highlights it rarely converts to a B&W nicely (at least from what I've seen and tried). I think this is the case here. My eye goes straight to the left hand side of the image and never leaves.

Yes, the second version is a lot better than the first, as to the first I felt the exact same thing as indeedies is expressing in his/her (?) post, too.

like the second one more .the first one is overexposed.

The second one is very good, but still a little light along the left and therefore distracting. Darken the leaves on the left, especially the upper left corner and you'll see it will work even better than it does now.

Just curious as to what the color version looks like? I've never been able to take nice B&Ws of foliage. Too many colors of the same tone. Notice how your berries are starting to dissappear into the blackness? I bet if you played around with the color version a bit you might get a better image.

As a beginner I used to turn many of my images into B&W thinking they looked better. I soon realized that there are images that just don't convert to B&W nicely.

I'm sorry, but I'm not really fond of this at all. It really just looks like a picture that shouldn't be B&W. Can we see the color version?

Most reactions

Back