What do you think of this bracket?

Well, I'm already scared of dentists, so if he were to pull this out, I would be done. Actually it does look pretty cool.

I'm not permitted to be scared of dentists - I'm married to a clan of them!

I do notice that bracket is three times the price it would be at B&H :p

I do notice that bracket is three times the price it would be at B&H :p
I also notice it is about 20 times the size of my mouth :stun:

How on earth do you take photographs of the inside of the mouth with that thing?

I was just at the dentist to get a wisdom tooth pulled. They had a camera and took a picture of the tooth. It was a little wand that actually fit in my mouth.

I agree. If they were to take that thing out, I'd jump up right then and there and walk out.

I also notice it is about 20 times the size of my mouth :stun:

How on earth do you take photographs of the inside of the mouth with that thing?

I was just at the dentist to get a wisdom tooth pulled. They had a camera and took a picture of the tooth. It was a little wand that actually fit in my mouth.

I agree. If they were to take that thing out, I'd jump up right then and there and walk out.

Would you believe me if I told you that wand has a resolution of 625 lines - like a video camera and costs $3,000?

I found this http://www.photomed.net/r1_dpfb.htm when I was browsing. What do you think? Good, bad or ugly?

For $200.00 my question would be what does it do for you that you can't do now with the MT 24EX as it comes from Canon or the Nikon R1? I have a bracket that is kinda similar that I picked up used for $25.00. I don't have the MT 24EX and don't have enough need for it. Instead the bracket I have puts two adjustable arms out from the end of the bracket. I can mount 2 580 EX's on it and get the same thing. Plus I do have other needs for the 580.

Construction wise it looks good, I guess my question is does it fill a specific need that you can not fill otherwise.

Construction wise it looks good, I guess my question is does it fill a specific need that you can not fill otherwise.
Other quest to me is can you build it at home with a Dremel and, a couple of SB-600/800's? I like to improvise.

Other quest to me is can you build it at home with a Dremel and, a couple of SB-600/800's? I like to improvise.

Now you're thinking like a British dentist...

Bosch Power drill, selection of 1/16th - 1/4" drill bits, hammer, chisel and a 3 year degree and you're all set to be a British dentist!

Joves,

If you are interested I will take a photo of my bracket and post it. It has a name and phone number from California on it. Don't know if they exist any more or what it costs new. My bracket is a bit more flexable than the one in your link IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back