What do you think of this editing? C&C

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know the photos arent *perfect*, but these were my friend's son's 6 month photos. I am very very new to lightroom and CS3 and played around until I got something I liked. My new screen way over saturates photos, and the colors in the room weren't that great so I went for a sort of low saturation, muted, soft and bright editing. I really liked him in b&w though. Let me know what you think (good and bad). Any editing ideas would be very greatly appreciated! Oh yes, I know he is drooling!
austin6months-0960-1.jpg

austin6months-0959-1.jpg

austin6months-0961-1.jpg

austin6months-0987-2-1.jpg

austin6months-0990-1.jpg

austin6months-0980-1.jpg

austin6months-0966-2-1.jpg

austin6months-1001-1.jpg

I like them, I think perhaps the first three needs some more PP
the top of his head seems a bit blown out and merges with the background.

I am just a noob say I could be wrong, just my thoughts.
(if I am wrong I hope some one will correct me)

yeah I could see how it might look that way. I didnt over expose but when I edited i did a ... like a light halo is almost the best way I can describe it. I am so new to ps I have no idea what things are called. I kind of liked the really lightness of those photos, but will play around, maybe I took them over the line a little

I agree about the slight blown-out head in the first few. It isn't too bad, as far as I'm concerned though.

That aside, these put a fairly big beaming smile on my face, and I usually hate kids ;) Lovely photos.

Here is one of the first 3, my personal favorite, with the exposure toned down a bit
abc-0960.jpg

With babies drool (and other body fluids) happen. What you have is a nicely exposed picture with a stray reflection on the forehead. A soft screen between the light source and the subject would take care of this. You can not expose for this kind of reflection with out messing up the rest of the picture. I am glad to see that you took into consideration the bright background, and exposed for the subject not letting your meter be fooled by the daylight out back.
I really like 8. You could "heal out" the blemishes on the mothers face.
Judge Sharpe

get rid of the drool? no way! thats the cutest part. lol

I am drool-undecided. It would be more correct of a photo, but with so much less character. I might work on it on a couple and see what I think.

once you have kids all that nasty stuff takes on a cuteness. Although I hate to see dirty baby faces, some people think its cute, I am not one. I guess as long as his mom is fine with the drool, thats all that really matters cause she will be the one looking at it for years to come.

This kid reminds me of my cousin - A pro ball player for the Tokyo Giants - and perhaps the happiest man alive!

3, 4, 5, and 6... Same exact face. Hmmm, when were you in Japan last? :D

never been to japan, but maybe Austin's mom has LOL

I'm not sure I like the angle of number one, number 2's arm is cut off, there is a finger creeping up on number 5 and a few of them are blown out... i really like the last one. cute baby.

None are blown out, I was trying an editing technique to make them super bright. I ended up toning it down in my final edit. I dont mind the holding in #5. He cant just float there. That was my favorite from the day.

Most reactions

Back