What do you think of this photo?

Baaaark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a gift for a friend, so I want it to be nice. I think it looks good, but what do you think? Initially it started out as a color, but the white balance was off, and her teeth were way to bright (making her look creepy instead of cute). I think with the B&W treatment, it kinda muted her down to a fun level instead of the, "I'm gonna get you," look.

I think it still looks creepy - it's to do with the eyes rather than the teeth, particularly the dog's left eye. If you cover the mouth and nose, it still looks creepy which actually proves it. The dog's left eye is far too bright and white compared to the right eye, therefore if that problem is fixed, then it would look a whole lot better.

I personally think this would look better in colour. In photoshop you could just tone down the white balance using a different filter or the "burn" tool.

*scratches head* Did I make a comment earlier about desaturating a photo being the...not so good ways of making a B&W image? Regarding this one? Hrm. (edit: seems Kundalini beat me to the punch.)

The heterochromatia is a little off-putting, yes, but I'd ask if they want that fixed first. The owner might be fond of their pet's peculiarities.

I think it still looks creepy - it's to do with the eyes rather than the teeth, particularly the dog's left eye. If you cover the mouth and nose, it still looks creepy which actually proves it. The dog's left eye is far too bright and white compared to the right eye, therefore if that problem is fixed, then it would look a whole lot better.

The dog has one sky blue eye and one brown eye. Dichromatic, they call it.

3640699542_a4f86a6ebc.jpg

I'd say it looks very similar to the one in this thread.

Gee, I wonder why? :confused: Different question, this time.

That scares me. IT like " HUHHH I want a cookie" "duh" LoL. I would
take it into Photoshop and boost the contrast. IT's kinda flat. You also might soften
the picture slightly. other than that it seems fine. That Dog looks nuts though. LOL

Daniel Sach

Thank you. I already went into the levels and clipped the top and bottom .1%. And I don't know how to soften, just sharpen.

If you want to make a cute photo of a dog the mouth usually has to be closed.

i have to disagree with the above poster about the closed mouth. as a dog owner i think the dog looks very enthusiastic, but i am far more fond of the colored picture. the black and white looks... flat.
i'd use the color picture and work on the backgroud to make it a bit less distracting with the door frame and all.

If you want to make a cute photo of a dog the mouth usually has to be closed.
Another one to disagree.

Have a look here.... here.... and here. IMO, they're cute photos and none of them have their mouth closed. I guess it all depends on what mood or character you want to draw out of the dog.

Just my 2¢.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back