What do you think of this?

juane414

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this earlier today at the in-laws. Anything special about it?

fallcomingsmall.jpg

nothing really (special) about it but as far as the pics goes i think its really well done the contrasting of all the leaves. although the bench seems a bit distracting.

I agree, I think a similar shot with a less distracting background would be a winner. The foreground is very nice, although it might look better with a bit more orange/yellow saturation, and maybe a bit of contrast/brightness tweaking.

Odds are more of the dock in the shot would have lent more to the picture. As it is, it's completely blocked and seems like it would have been the usual primary focus of the image, so it's distracting.

Might have been interesting to still keep the leaves as the primary focus and just step back and to the right a bit so the dock was clearly visible, but still outside of the primary focus area, or to possibly toss focus into infinity and step back far enough so you could get the leaves AND the dock in focus.

So many options! :)

You're also a hair underexposed and a touch out of whack on the colors, btw.

Yea, I've had difficulty getting correct exposure on cloudy days... Thanks for the comments guys. I'll be back here next weekend (Northern Wisconsin) so hopefully the leaves will be changing a bit more and it won't be as cloudy!

Most reactions

Back