What's new

What do you think of this?

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 18, 2009
Messages
445
Reaction score
0
Location
Northridge, Ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did I get the ??? right?


I did brave the weather this morning with NO SHOES on to get this picture. It was 45 or so this morning.. brrrr

036-1.jpg


I know it's just a lemon.. C & C??
 
The exposure is fine but it lacks interest. The background is busy and you have a twig in front of your subject, the Lemon. ;)
 
The exposure is fine but it lacks interest. The background is busy and you have a twig in front of your subject, the Lemon. ;)

Of course it lacks interest. Most everything is dead in my back year.. Do you think the chili or mint ones I took would be of more interest.. Oh, wait.. the almost dead flowers..LOL

You saw the mess I posted yesterday!! I was practicing today!
 
hahahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha


It's 8 degrees out at my house right now.


eight.
 
a little cluttered but nice otherwise! what is that thing underneath the lemon? looks like metal? another twig perhaps?
 
a little cluttered but nice otherwise! what is that thing underneath the lemon? looks like metal? another twig perhaps?

That is some very old rusted garden decoration.

I'll brave the weather tomorrow morning as well.. Try to "clean" my pictures up..
 
45?!

8?!

How about you try -42!

That's my outdoors right now!
 
For this shot you used shutter priority so you have no control over depth of field when i would use aperture priority because i would be controlling depth of field if something is moving i would use shutter priority to either stop movement or show movement
 
Is it soft? Looks like you focused on the brown pointy thing.
 
...
Of course it lacks interest. Most everything is dead in my back year.. Do you think the chili or mint ones I took would be of more interest.. Oh, wait.. the almost dead flowers...

Just because it's dead, doesn't mean it can not be captured in an interesting way.

The lemon was composed a bit "snapshot-ish". Work some other angles play with lower aperture to get really shallow DOF and emphasize the subject more. Too much of the background is distracting. Use a white card behind the lemon to block the background for instance.

The possibilities are endless. It's about how much effort you put in a shot that makes it special.
 
move the twig and the brown rusty thing and you will have a quality snapshot only (imo) of a lemon with a very busy background.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom