What do you think?

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I was looking on the local craigslist for an AB800 but came across this:
I am seeking a photographer for my wedding on October 9th, 2010. I will consider someone who is just starting out or is currently in school, as well as someone who is experienced. Email me- j********[email protected]. Serious replies only, please! I would like to see samples of your work, if possible, and please include a price quote. Thank you!

Im thinking of contacting her and offering to be a 2nd shooter and shoot for free. So this is what I am thinking of sending her:
Hi my name is James Conkle I just noticed your posting on craigslist for a wedding photographer. I am a high school student that will hopefully become a sports photographer after schooling. I would like to offer to be a secondary shooter. I say secondary shooter because I would hate it if I didn't meet your requirements or expectations.

I would shoot totaly free of charge because the expirence is what is most valueable right now.

You can take a look at some of my photos at this website: flickr.com/photos/jamesconkle but as I said before I am a sports photographer so shooting a wedding would be tottaly new to me but I would do my very best.

I would just like to know where I would need to travel so I can determin if I can travel to the location.

Thanks,
James

So what do you guys think? Would it be worth it for either one of us?

Last edited:
Thanks! I never like to have people pay me (well for now) because Im always scared that I will format my card or accidentally still have my ISO on HI-1 (Ohh its just HORRIBLE!:puke:)

But what do you think 25-30 bucks? Now I gotta start writing up a new email:x

Spell check all of that please.....lolol

Thank you! I was writing this on my ipod, and that unfortunately does not have spell check.

You should not format your card even if she does not pay you :) Just keep reviewing your photos, everyone does that :)

I think you should charge for your time, it will give her confidence and will help you be more responsible.

You should not format your card even if she does not pay you :) Just keep reviewing your photos, everyone does that :)

Oh, I never would format on purpose. I was just thinking worst case scenario.

Thank you! I was writing this on my ipod, and that unfortunately does not have spell check.

lol gotcha...same thing happens on my blackberry....but anyways...you're flickr is decent. IMHO I'd take primary photographer, because they'll probably get some mediocre photog that doesn't know ****. Nevertheless, it'll be a good experience.

I think you should stick with the secondary thing ...

ESPECIALLY if it's your first wedding you've ever done AND since you're only a high school student...

I'm also assuming that since you're a high school student, you aren't 18 which means you aren't old enough to even sign your own contract, so you probably aren't old enough to write a contract?

Stick with being a secondary, but charge a small amount. I would say probably like $100 or something. Write out a "disclaimer" for you and her to both sign in "agreement" (not a contract by any means) that says that you are a beginner, this is your first wedding, and you will do your best but will not promise pro quality.... Something along those lines.

Cover your @$$. ABSOLUTELY do NOT NOT NOT offer to be the primary shooter for this wedding and DO NOT NOT NOT charge her a lot...

That's my $0.02... And here's a video to help you out :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7RzcdDcMs[/ame]

Oh, I never would format on purpose. I was just thinking worst case scenario.
You will be okay. Take the money, do your best, and you can always return it if you are not satisfied with your work.

I'm with Sarah on this. Also, she just did a wedding for a friend if I remember right, so she knows.

haven't done the wedding yet rez :) It's not until September and I actually might not be doing it.

My friend's cousin was actually supposed to call me like... 2 weeks ago, and she hasn't yet :/ So... Hopefully I won't be doing it because I really DONT feel like I'm ready lol

Most reactions

Back