What's new

What do you think?

kc9ljo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 24, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Location
Northern Wisconsin
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The last time I dabbled in photography was a decade or so ago with an FM10. I recently picked up a D3000, and am trying to relearn the manual modes. Here's a photo I think is kinda neat. I'd like to hear what you think.
Thanks

$002.webp
 
I like the concept, but the execution is a bit lacking. All the grass in the foreground detracts and makes the composition seem busy and confused. I'd go back in better light and shoot landscape orientation with the subject less centered, a shallower depth of field, and more room to breath in the frame..
 
I'm not sure what you are taking a picture of - the pump or the tree?

They share the space but don't seem related.
If the pump, then why is it off to one side (yes I see the handle but there has to be a composition-realted reason for this.)

Elements need to be placed in a frame so that the viewer understands what you are showing them, in a sense seeing what you are seeing and why it is important.

I don't get that here.

$002lllll.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom