What do ypu think of the lense babies??

FallenFotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I just checked them out are they good lenses or just a waste of time that wont really work? I thiink they look cool and the one I am slightly interested in is in my range of cost but ya are they worth the money??

I heard Lens babies are good for grungy, Holga-type images, they are so cool in blurring. Here's a part of an article I have seen about Lens baby:

You focus the LensBaby by pulling the front element back toward your camera until the center of the image is in focus. A motion-blur-like defocusing will radiate outward from that center point, very similarly to zooming out while shooting a long exposure. The advantage of the LensBaby, of course, is that you don't have to use a long exposure to get this effect, which means it's usable in normal light.

He has good sample shot and they are amazing.

I have a lensbaby 3G, I love it,
It is not on my camera everyday, but it does open up alot of creativity. I do have to say, spend the extra money on the 3G, the ability to lock the sweet spot and fine tune focus is worth it.
Just my 2 cents

Ok well cool thanks alot i will probably get them i just had really never heard of them before

I have the second generation...

* Very fun to use... lets you be very creative.
* optics could be better.. fringing.. CA is there.
* Works pretty well as a macro too.

It is good if you can fit it into your personal style of photography. They are like anything else, just a tool if the wrong person uses them it can be bad but some people use them to great effect.

It seems that so many forums are giving them away as prizes that it's a wonder any are ever sold... but that might be why they are available to give away. Frankly, I've never seen any pictures from them that were good enough to interest me in looking into them... even on the give away sites. I think they are just another gimick that someone has found a way to take advantage of the fact that so many people like to have fuzzy and out of focus looking images that can be called art. But like a number of areas in photography that I'm not crazy about, there are plenty that are. They just don't do anything for me.

Mike

Absolute gimmicky crap.

It seems that so many forums are giving them away as prizes that it's a wonder any are ever sold... but that might be why they are available to give away. Frankly, I've never seen any pictures from them that were good enough to interest me in looking into them... even on the give away sites. I think they are just another gimick that someone has found a way to take advantage of the fact that so many people like to have fuzzy and out of focus looking images that can be called art. But like a number of areas in photography that I'm not crazy about, there are plenty that are. They just don't do anything for me.

Mike

Please tell me where I want to try and win one!!!!

Also this is why I said it is a matter of wether they fit into your personal style. If you use them and your clients like what you do with them then gimmicky crap be dammed.

The Photo Corner was, but I'm not sure if they still are. The Photo Camel is, was and still is, I believe. If you do a google search and put in lensbabies contest a number of them come up.

I've not paid that much attention since I have no interest in getting one. But with a little bit of searching, you should be able to find a number of places that are using them as prizes. Or were anyway.

Mike

Most reactions

Back