What does this Exaktar lens fit?

junk250

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What kind of camera does this Exaktar lens fit?Worth anything?Thank's

exaktarDscf0001.jpg

exaktar2Dscf0001.jpg

exaktar3Dscf0001.jpg

I'll guess that it fits an Exakta. Exaktas are German and were the first cameras that had what we now consider the standard 35mm SLR body. I have two of them. they were also reknowned for the massive amount of accessories available (for the time).

Thank's Mattfish,
Thats what I was guessing,but I'm not familiar with Exakta.So would only fit Exakta cameras?Lens is made in japan,so I guess a cheap (tongue in cheek) accessory for the Exakta bodies?I would think a later Japan lens would be as good or better optics than original?

A more modern lens would have better coatings, which would help with color, but other than that there is no reason to feel that an old lens is inferior to a modern lens, particularly with fixed focal length lenses. Old film tech was really bad, so the lenses had to be great. The Zeiss Planar lens on my Rolleiflex (made in the 1950s) is possibly the sharpest lens I own; I'd put it up against anything modern.

Matt,
Point taken,I thought I might be wrong about that!I guess what I'm asking is,any demand for the Japan Knock-off,or would Exakta people only want the real thing.

While the Exakta does have some collector/cult value, it's still not worth a whole lot. Since this is an Exaktar brand, I don't know that being made in Japan decreases the value, other than it's probably a more modern (therefore possible less rare) lens.

Most reactions

Back