What does your username mean?

Looking for a word that sounds good in many languages, I suddenly wrote Kolander. Thought I had invented it, later I discovered that it is a common name :lol:

Looking for a word that sounds good in many languages, I suddenly wrote Kolander. Thought I had invented it, later I discovered that it is a common name :lol:

haha I did the same thing with overread - only instead of a real name it just turned out to be a regular mundane word.

Good thread! There's a lot of them I've wondered about as well.

I've used sm4him for everything from emails to social media, since I first got online, many years ago (right after Gore invented the internet). It's simple, but I've had very, very few instances where it was taken, and when it is, I use sbm4him instead.
You'll find me that way on most anything--Google +, Twitter, FB, Pinterest, flickr, 500px, webshots...hmmm...no wonder I don't actually have a life! :lol:

Sharon Monett is sold out 4 (for) Him (Christ)!

our-kids.jpg

"Bend The Light" is based on a scientific hero of mine, Isaac newton, performing light bending experiments in his room at woolthorpe. Thought it went well with my hobby. :)

There is a wedding company in the US using it, though. I didn't know until I'd already registered it in various places. I now have several domains with it, (including my own forum), username on several other photo forums, and several emails, etc.

I once owned a Volkswagen GTI 337 edition. So I am fond of 337 for some reason.

I thought it was because you were only 3/4 of a 1337 h4xx0r.

Agreed :)

Although not the name on my birth certificate, it is the one that matters most to me. And it is my one and true name in a certain part of the world.

I've had many names over the period when I worked as a PJ because most people couldn't say my birth certificate one and would give me a new one that fit our relationship better. I loved them all but this one is special. It was given to me when I was adopted into a tribe after many years of working with these people and I'm very proud of it.

As for what it actually means... I don't really know. I only know for sure what it means to me. And that's plenty good enough.

Agreed :)

Although not the name on my birth certificate, it is the one that matters most to me. And it is my one and true name in a certain part of the world.

I've had many names over the period when I worked as a PJ because most people couldn't say my birth certificate one and would give me a new one that fit our relationship better. I loved them all but this one is special. It was given to me when I was adopted into a tribe after many years of working with these people and I'm very proud of it.

As for what it actually means... I don't really know. I only know for sure what it means to me. And that's plenty good enough.

And he is going to tell me his real name at some point!!! lol

My name is Michele....lol I bet that was hard to figure out. I was a goof artsy kid growing up and never really liked that I had a popular name. So I started spelling w/ a "s". lol I also use Mishell and sometimes Mish. It's a lot easier to get logins too!!

Igs: nickname back from highschool.
EMT: worked EMS in NY for a while.

I constantly have to remind myself to think.

Name...1st and 2nd initial plus 1st 4 letters of last name.

Just the nickname my husband gave me when he met me. I'm vertically challenged.

17 years ago - Radio station traffic spotter.

Most reactions

Back