What Don't You Like About Photography?

1. I don't like the backend of organising a shoot
2. I don't like it when people think it's the camera that is doing the work
3. I positively hate having to carry a camera
4. People who don't credit the photographer
5. Companies who expect the photos for free *LOL*
6. The fact that you have to be the top 0.1% of photographers to even have a reasonable expectation of making anything like a living whereas even a Rubbish Doctor or Accountant can make a living.
7. fads like HDR, selective desaturation, excessive tonemapping
8. trite pictures of silky waterfalls, sunrise/sunset, flowers, and someone's kid

It can be expensive. Thats all I don't like about it.

Dont ... like ... about ... photography ?

I'm drawing a blank there.

Too many awesome lenses and I just cant choose which ones to take with and which ones to leave at home ? But I would guess thats more of a luxury problem.

Many awesome lenses get discontinued and many crappy lenses get published ? Well but I get the discontinued ones on the used market cheap.

Photography is a breadless job ? But I like my dayjob too and if I had to do photography all the time I would probably like it less.

I love photography. One of my favorite hobbies but...
What don't you like about photography?
1. You miss out on the experience (travel, ceremonies) trying to get good shots.
2. Everyone is a photographer now with digital photography, smartphones, instagram, etc. (minor gripe)
3. Smartphones don't have high quality, DSLR's are too bulky, mirrorless is limited, point and shoots are not as good as DSLR. At least there are options.
4. The snootiness of some photographers. They are almost worse than wine aficionados. :)
5. The ease of photography has devalued the photographer's job. Same with many jobs these days.
That is all. I still love photography.
1. I rather feel uncomfortable if I dont photograph.
2. If only that one was true. No they arent.
3. My DSLR is basically part of my body. Thus it weights by definition "nothing", haha.
4. Theres angels and devils whereever you go.
5. That has nothing to do with photography specifically.

I like that digital has opened photography up for the many.

I don't like that digital has opened photography up for the many.

But, but...that argument has been around since Eastman's "You push the button, we do the rest" slogan. Insert "box cameras" or "Kodak" instead of the word digital and you could be back in 1889. ;)
I didn't like it back then and I don't like it now. :cool-98:

1. That people that like to show me all of their (unedited, unsorted) vacation pics
  2. That some (photographers) want to tell me everything they know about photography just because they see me holding a camera.
  3. The Canon vs Nikon fight: I once was shooting at an outstanding beach on the Seychelles - all alone with the model, her friend and my wife. Suddenly a guy showed up and felt he has to stop by and ask - what Camera do you use? Canon? OK, I better walk move on. :76:
  4. That no camera has everything I want - some offer this, some offer something else. I want all I need in one single body!!!
1-3 is are some of the main reasons why I love shooting with smaller and smaller cameras.

My wallet doesn't like photography.

Photography has helped me with my depression and if there was no photography, I'm not sure i'd be here writing this right now. There isn't anything I don't like about photography besides some of it is so dang expensive.

Last edited:
I have hundreds of digital files that I do nothing with. I also have hundreds of less-than-quality results.

1. People who take photography too seriously.
2. People who don't take photography seriously enough.

People who refuse to work with you because they are afraid you are going to steal their "secrets"

Sorry but everything you are doing, has been done before. We should help each other and be a community.

I just want a friend to pal around with and shoot with

People who refuse to work with you because they are afraid you are going to steal their "secrets"

Sorry but everything you are doing, has been done before. We should help each other and be a community.

I just want a friend to pal around with and shoot with
I know, right? Seriously.. they find one human head in your freezer and all of a sudden your persona non gratia...

Oh wait... Not what you were talking about. Never mind. Moving right along...

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Commenting late in the discussion, but had to say something because this topic intrigues me.

Although I try to remain positive as much as possible, a few things that I allow myself to be bothered by are as follows.

From the perspective of being a serious nature and wildlife photographer:

• The ever increasing number of people out in nature. Please understand that I am aware they have as much right to be there as me, and I don't care if they are doing photography-- the real issue is the negative effects of the sheer quantity of people in these natural areas. That is, damage and disrespect of the environment, plants, and animals. Litter, pollution, destruction. Unethical behavior toward animals, unethical behavior toward other photographers. People being in the shots. People scaring subjects that I or other photographers have taken great time and care to get in position for. And so on.
  • WARNING: Controversial topic likely to cause flame wars! People that either, 1. bring their dogs to locations that prohibit dogs, and/or 2. let their dogs off-leash in areas where leash laws are in effect, and/or 3. don't clean up after their dogs, etc. Dogs are destructive to the environment, cause biological pollution, stress out or kill wildlife, and interfere with other people's enjoyment and peace. I do not appreciate a dog coming up to me while I'm doing photography, using expensive equipment, trying to hide from wildlife, getting mud on me, chasing the wildlife, etc. This is all assuming that the location has rules that prohibit dogs or require the use of leashes on dogs. Otherwise it would be my fault for going somewhere that dogs are allowed to roam free, and I could not complain in that case.
As someone else mentioned, I also hate that I can't get out and do photography as much as I'd like.

There might be other things but those are the primary ones that bug me.

Mostly other photographers.

The fact that they haven't created a pocketable full frame camera with a 10-500mm 1.2 lens that is perfect wide open at every focal length and costs about $50. :D

I know, right? Seriously.. they find one human head in your freezer and all of a sudden your persona non gratia...

Oh wait... Not what you were talking about. Never mind. Moving right along...

Bahaha well thanks for LITERALLY making me spit pepsi all over my keyboard.

It's not even that funny.. just absolutely NOT where I thought your response was headed.

Most reactions

Back