What drives you crazy

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...about the opposite sex?

My local radio station was talking about things that drive you crazy about the opposite sex, thought I would ask you guys :D . And also, whats your #1 turn off.

what drives me crazy: I get asked my opinioin, and then get argued that Im wrong. (dont know if this is #1 on the list but its all I can think of rite now)

turn off: attitude

If you mean something specific to females, then nothing. Anything said would be a stereotype or generalization.

If you mean potential romantic partners, then I would probably say closemindedness, but this really applies to anyone I meet.

turn off: guys who think they are hot stuff, chauvanists(generally they arent too smart themselves), insincerity...oh when they come on too strong at first, that doesnt thrill me.

drives me crazy...mr hot and cold, when they play games. im WELL over it.

markc said:
If you mean something specific to females, then nothing. Anything said would be a stereotype or generalization.
How is it a stereotype or generalization when its something that ACTUALY happens? Im talking from your experiences with your significant other. theres always something that bugs you.

graigdavis said:
markc said:

How is it a stereotype or generalization when its something that ACTUALY happens? Im talking from your experiences with your significant other. theres always something that bugs you.
That's just what I wanted to clarify. To often I hear "I hate X about women" or "I hate X about men", which I don't think is fair.

From past experience, I would say that "getting pissed at me and then not talking about it with me" is number one at the moment. Communication is key to any relationship.

Im talking from your experiences with your significant other. theres always something that bugs you.

That's different! :D I don't like generalizations, either, since things like aggressive behavior or attitude are human characteristics.

So what drives me crazy about my sweet hubby? He has this habit of walking out of the room, heading to the kitchen to get water or tidy up in there, turning on the faucet and generally making noise - and then talking to me in a normal tone, or slightly louder, loud enough to where I can hear him, but I have to raise my voice and say, "What?? I can't hear you," and instead of taking the hint, he just yells a comment back, expecting me to yell a comment back. And if I don't call out loudly enough, he'll actually say, "What??" :x

He LEFT the room, you understand - and THEN starts talking. I've even joked and pointed it out, but he still does it. In this benign, laid-back way of his, so it's SO hard to be annoyed with him, but....geez!!!! Shaddup, already, or get yer ass back in here and THEN we'll chat!!! :spank:

So, guys - what IS this strange phenomenon? Wanting to yell from room to room..... If you understand this behavior, please explain it to me now! :crazy:

Aside from these kinds of weird things, he's quite fabulous. :D

a woman that is not comfortable in her own skin...

You are all beautiful every last one of you...and if i could get paid to doit...my job in life would be to tell everyone of you that...but i dont want to be a clinique consultant, so ill stick with the bank.

md

You are all beautiful every last one of you...and if i could get paid to doit...my job in life would be to tell everyone of you that...but i dont want to be a clinique consultant, so ill stick with the bank.

well, actually, you can still tell them that. when you notice beauty in a woman, (or anyone, actually) point it out. at first, people might be a bit taken aback. reactions to this kind of comment from a stranger often are"alright, what do you want from me?" or "man, is this guy a kissass," etc. in the end, tho, the positive energy you create by letting someone know you've noticed their beauty more than makes up for the sting of such responses. you see, when you tell someone you appreciate something about them, in a way you have given them a part of yourself. it is this giving that makes you grow, strengthens you way deep down. response is almost irrelevant; in fact, if you make this a habit, you are more comfortable when you make your observation to the person. this in turn makes it easier for the recipient of your observation to realize it is sincere...

so, tell them. tell them every day, as often as you can. family members, girlfriends, total strangers, doesn't matter. when all is said and done, you really do get paid, and in currency you can take with you even after you pass from this life. :sun:

:lol:

now how did i know you were gonna say that?

funny thing is, alot of other people said the same thing in their mind when they read that... :D

it's ok- i can take it. being a kissass is a lonely job, but someone has to do it.

Besides, you're totally, absolutely correct.

There was this one time, last year, I had a busy day at work. I was working on a hospital campus and had various meetings to run around to, forms to pick up, etc. One busy day I had back to back meetings and I was late. I ran down the back stairs of the medical building and twisted an ankle. I kind of limped through the parking lot and the wind was blowing my dress up and my hair in my face, oh, I felt like I looked like such an idiot, and was SO pissed off. As I got to the door of the next building where the meeting was, all out of breath and feeling bitchy, this scruffy old painter appeared out of nowhere and held the door for me, and said, "Wow....you sure are pretty....let me hold that door for you." And he gave me the nicest, simple smile.

That moment just changed my whole day around. I still remember that guy and that kind word. It's exactly what you were talking about, Toby.

So, you know, you're right! :D

So, you know, you're right!

heheh. thank you. (kiss-ass :wink: :twisted: )

man, i gotta tell you, i got such a visual from your description of that moment (excellent example of what i was saying, btw) that i think i need to go get a cold drink. (or shower) :p

Out of breath, windblown and feeling bitchy is a turn on....? :wink: You're a sick puppy.

:LOL:

Most reactions

Back