What equipment would I need...

From what I have read, 5500K is the industry standard for white light.

So I received the umbrella lights and started playing around with it.

Here's the whole set up:

IMG_3987.jpg

Here's one of the better results I could come up with:

As you can see there's a fair amount of glare off the polished surface, I tried rearranging the lights and different angles, but still get that glare, any advice on how to get rid of it?

toddlerbed.jpg

Thanks!

So I received the umbrella lights and started playing around with it.

Here's the whole set up:

IMG_3987.jpg

Here's one of the better results I could come up with:

As you can see there's a fair amount of glare off the polished surface, I tried rearranging the lights and different angles, but still get that glare, any advice on how to get rid of it?

toddlerbed.jpg

Thanks!

A circular polarizing filter may help diminish those reflections. It will also require an increase in the exposure.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Everything is set and I got the hang of it. Clients are happy!

How about a large softbox from up top? cuts the shadows on the floor, allows the floor to be a little more blown out and illuminates the bedding inside a little more.

Not really related to lighting but ironing the bed sheets and smooth them out would be nice too.

It is a VERY good start.

Thanks guys!

So following the advice I put the 2 lights behind to blow out the background. After playing with camera settings this is the best result I could come up with.

This is with flash, lowest ISO and +2 exposure:

strollershot-1.jpg

I found out that the color temperature of the overheads are 4200K while the ones that came from B&H are 5500K giving it blueish tone. Will be looking into replacing the B&H ones with 4200 or the other way around.

I think I'm going to have to convince them to get 2 umbrella lights for 45 degree angle from the front to get rid of shadows and maybe not have to use flash...

The orange/wood panel walls are really screwing up the color on this. If you can, try to repaint the walls gray if you can, and because the room is so small, you'll never really be able to have a whole lot of control, so you'll have to maximize what you have.

If this will be ongoing, you need to get it right in the camera, or you'll kill yourself and your profit margin doing all that PS work. Get a roll of seamless, two strobes to point into the background and a BIG softbox strobe (like 4x6 ft) to light your products. You'll be able to shoot and do minor, quick cleanup in PS that way.

Most reactions

Back