What high end camera should I get

I am asking for help not for you all too roast me at once
FYI: we are not roasting you at all, simply trying to understand what you want. You should attempt to refine your question(s) so we can then try to answer.

Assuming someone buys my lens if he still decides buying them ...
I have not felt a sony in hands at all
I do end up shooting video more then often
What other options can i look at

There isn't a single option that will work best for everything you describe. If you are charging money for your services and you don't already have a backup camera for your 5d, then frankly that's what I'd advise you to do - buy something compatible with the system you already have because paying clients should be a priority.

If you really want to do video as well, maybe by a lower end back up camera for the business and something specifically just for video if that's your priority.

1Dx Mk2.
If you live anywhere near Vancouver, BC, I can set that up for you.
you'll get to use your current gear and have Canon's best.
You'll also need a pair of CFast cards.

1Dx Mk2.
If you live anywhere near Vancouver, BC, I can set that up for you.
you'll get to use your current gear and have Canon's best.
You'll also need a pair of CFast cards.
How is the 1dxm2 on video ??

Assuming someone buys my lens if he still decides buying them ...
I have not felt a sony in hands at all
I do end up shooting video more then often
What other options can i look at

There isn't a single option that will work best for everything you describe. If you are charging money for your services and you don't already have a backup camera for your 5d, then frankly that's what I'd advise you to do - buy something compatible with the system you already have because paying clients should be a priority.

If you really want to do video as well, maybe by a lower end back up camera for the business and something specifically just for video if that's your priority.
my 5d is done and there is no point to get it repaired thats why im looking for a whole new camera
sorry forgot to mention that

my 5d is done and there is no point to get it repaired thats why im looking for a whole new camera
You're obviously just toying with us.

Are you a troll?

What new revelation will you spring on us next?

I resent very much some troll wasting my time.

Done with you.

Ok, so next question is lenses. Do you already have a lot invested in lenses for Canon?
I wouldnt say I have a bunch invested but there is still a decent number of lens i have bought have a buddy that wants to buy some of them

You're obviously just toying with us.

Are you a troll?

What new revelation will you spring on us next?

I resent very much some troll wasting my time.

Done with you.
Bye.

I wouldnt say I have a bunch invested but there is still a decent number of lens i have bought have a buddy that wants to buy some of them

Well from here I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say your on your own. I mean you say you shoot pro but that could really be anything, and frankly getting information from you has been like pulling teeth.

If you do actually shoot pro, forget about getting one super duper high end camera to do it all, get two good cameras that take good stills and concentrate on that. If you have canon lenses, probably best to stick with canon, something reasonably priced and full frame.

Then use the money you make from your shoots to buy a dedicated video camera and go from there. Other than that not much more I can do in the way of advice, I'm just not getting any details when I ask for them and as a result it's pretty much impossible to give any sort of good recommendation.

So, like Designer, I'm out. Wish you luck.

Well from here I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say your on your own. I mean you say you shoot pro but that could really be anything, and frankly getting information from you has been like pulling teeth.

If you do actually shoot pro, forget about getting one super duper high end camera to do it all, get two good cameras that take good stills and concentrate on that. If you have canon lenses, probably best to stick with canon, something reasonably priced and full frame.

Then use the money you make from your shoots to buy a dedicated video camera and go from there. Other than that not much more I can do in the way of advice, I'm just not getting any details when I ask for them and as a result it's pretty much impossible to give any sort of good recommendation.

So, like Designer, I'm out. Wish you luck.
Well thanks anyway

I do a mix of both pro and just cause i love cameras and taking photo and video
I like shooting landscapes wildlife
I shoot for events also sometimes video some time photo what ever a client wants

Sony does well for stills and videos but you'll be lacking lenses for wildlife.
Pair an A7r2 with an A7s2 and you'll be good. 1Dx2 does pretty good video

I do a mix of both pro and just cause i love cameras and taking photo and video
I like shooting landscapes wildlife
I shoot for events also sometimes video some time photo what ever a client wants

Sony does well for stills and videos but you'll be lacking lenses for wildlife.
Pair an A7r2 with an A7s2 and you'll be good. 1Dx2 does pretty good video

As soon as I read the original post, my first thought was, "Where's Chuasam? He'll know what to do!"

OP, listen to chuasam, finding the right camera for people is what he does for a living. He's very good at it.

Good luck with whatever you end up with!

Question: "What lenses do you have?"
OP's answer: "I have a few. My friend wants to buy them."

Question: "What are your specific needs with regards to video and photography?"
OP's answer: "I want something that can do both well."

Question: "What video and photography gear do you currently own?"
OP's answer: N/A (doesn't respond)

New question: Are you trolling?

If you record video handheld, then it doesn't matter a whole lot which camera you get. Your video will be shaky, and no one will care much.

Get a dedicated video camera, and a dedicated camera for photography. If you shoot mostly landscapes or you print huge, look at the Canon 5DSR, Nikon D810, or Sony A7R-ii. If you shoot generally, look at the Nikon D750. If you've got tons of cash and you don't know which lenses you want, just pick up a holy trinity of lenses: Tamron 15-30 (or equivalent), Nikon 24-70 f2.8 or Canon 24-70 f2.8, and Nikon or Tamron or Canon 70-200 f2.8. Depending on your choices, you may have just spent only slightly more than the Canon camera you mentioned in your first post. Then get any filters, flashes, tripod(s), and other shooting equipment that you need.

Then, look at dedicated video equipment. A dedicated video body (not a photography body), the lens(es) that you need, any lighting you might need, and the most essential thing is the stabilization equipment that you need. I am assuming you want to shoot in 4k, and you want flat video that you can edit in post. Depending on the type of video that you're doing, having a GoPro on hand is really useful. Finally, audio is really important.

Most reactions

Back