sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, what did YOU do all day while TPF was down? I logged on after getting my coffee as usual, then started hyperventilating when I saw the down time listed as about 5 p.m. CST--ACK!! ALL DAY with NO TPF?? Searched for a brown paper bag to start breathing into...finally calmed down a bit and thought...well, I guess I *could* go out and actually do photography. :)

So, I went out in the backyard and watched my migrating hummingbirds prepare for their long journey by doing some Hummer Survival Calisthenics.
(NOTE: You're welcome to C&C if you wish, but be aware, some of these are definitely NOT my best work, they just fit in well with the little "series" I was putting together!)

1. Wing Stretches
Sept10_8138editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

2. Feather fluffing
Sept10_8145editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

3. Flexibility: Touch your beak with your toes
Sept10_8180editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

4. Spread those Tail feathers!
Sept10_8286editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

5. Beak sharpening
Sept10_8313editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

6. Branch Jump Offs
Sept10_8344editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

7. Neck Stretching
Sept10_8315editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

8. Food Recognition (She failed this one; kept trying to figure out how to eat from my red ant-deterrent pipe cleaners!)
Sept10_8604editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

9. In-flight Loops and Rolls
Sept10_8000editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

As always, general comments and witty banter are greatly appreciated--and trophy points, now. Whatever those are. :D

Nice, Sharon, as always.
I got to work on a couple of fire station wall maps in between rounds of the US-301 Boogie.

Nice shots.

I was also productive today sans tpf... I slept till 4p :)

Gorgeous shots, Sharon!

I was at my admin job at the college during the regular work hours, so I actually had to do WORK while I was there! And then..and THEN! TPF came back online half an hour before I had to teach my evening class! Gah!

I'm still recovering.

(Okay, maybe I posted once during class while they were working on a group activity. I have two monitors at the teacher's console, so I could have their work on the projected screen and the other screen remains private.)

Nice set Sharon. I actually got some work done with it being down. Okay, well maybe I spent some time on 500px too.

Oh man, Ron, if I'd thought about 500px, I probably wouldn't have made it outside to see the hummingbirds!
I was not at work today (due to a little 102 fever...), so the withdrawal from my TPF addiction was especially bad!

Oh man, Ron, if I'd thought about 500px, I probably wouldn't have made it outside to see the hummingbirds!
I was not at work today (due to a little 102 fever...), so the withdrawal from my TPF addiction was especially bad!

I'm sorry to hear about your fever, but I'm glad that I had 500px to get me through at work. At least you had something to be able to do.

I just got home from the clinic . I reported in with shortness of breath, general weakness, fatigue and dizziness. The Doc said it was TPF withdrawal and if I went down the street to the pub and had a couple of beers, I'd be fine. Came home to find TPF alive and well, so all is right with the world again.

Wow! These are some great photos!
Keep them coming!

And I was finally able to sleep early yesterday, wake up early today, finish a novel and update my flickr.. I kept checking TPF every half hour hoping it would be up again, I now know how much I'll miss this place now! :p

TPF was down? I was out taking pictures all day and didn't notice.

Love the captions, were so cute and comical. Really nice set.

When I found out TPF was down, I just groaned oh no!! Gotta have me a TPF java fix errrr

I'd like to nominate this for best post ever. Seriously, best post ever.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back