What is the Best UK Photographer Magazine?

Well i went today to the shops and meant to pick up Digital Photographer but got Digital Photography instead, sound simular but completely different apparently. Never mind, ill have to go shopping again, lol

FuddyDuddy said:
ps, Becky, where in the North are you. I was recently in the Point for the blues festival. Had a great time.

Hey there... blues festival eh? Sounds wicked :thumbsup:

I'm usually found drifting about Belfast, or within about an hour of there, depending whether its term-time in uni or not!

It may be a little limited for some people, but Black&White Photography(UK) is one of the best anywhere.

I used to buy a stack of mags each month but they all seem to contain similar stuff, naturally they will all be trying to review the latest products and technique advise seems to be influenced by the season e.g. great tips on summer shooting etc. So they are relatively similar, however Photography monthly stands out as the best mag to me.

I only buy that mag and i'll pick up amateur photographer each week too because they have some pretty interesting article and exibitions each week.

My only criticism of P.M. is that it's pretty heavy on the adverts but it's still the best mag out there in my opinion.

Probably not too useful for many people, but the local market does old magazines at 3 for £1. If you're not looking at prices and are reading them for the articles, then there's no shame in buying old magazines

I personally by Amateur Photographer(affordable with upto date articles, and being aimed at amateurs not too intimidating for me, lol) and occasional Photography Monthly.
Occasionly I buy random ones if an article or feature catches my eye, but those are the main ones I buy.
I'm not very keen on the magazines specifically aimed just at digital but that's just me personally.

No harm in buying old magazines at all I'd say, every bit as useful and more affordable!! The only downside is not getting so much up to date info and reviews etc..

Most reactions

Back