What is the "Rarest Bird" you have managed to get a decent image of?

Nice set, I don't think I've seen a chough before. I believe I do have a shot of an American Bittern but it's on my old hd that isn't hooked up. Maybe someday I'll get over the wall of procrastination to do something about that and post the pic along with some others. I got a shot of a red-shouldered hawk taking a bath somewhere in there, also. Was a rare shot for me, anyhow. I'd never seen that 'in the wild' before then.
Lets see them Kirk- I am a fan of your images :)

Les

I managed to capture the now extremely rare and seldom seen Giant Qatar bird

qatar.jpg

The rarest bird I was able to capture is the Azores Bullfinch. Considered the second rarest bird in Europe. Only found in a small area of what is left of the native Laurisilva forest located on Pico da Vara, Sao Miguel.

Azores Bullfinch (São Miguel bullfinch - Pyrrhula Murina) - Rare by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Azores Bullfinch (São Miguel bullfinch, Pyrrhula murina) - Rare by Brent Cameron, on Flickr
That's great captures. We have normal Bullfinches in our area but they are so timid and I've never been able to get one decently caught.

That's great captures. We have normal Bullfinches in our area but they are so timid and I've never been able to get one decently caught.

Thanks Space. I had a good guide on the island, would not have been able to find them on my own.

These are all wonderful shots! I don't have anything to contribute at the moment, sadly. Some really nicely caught shots, though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back