What is there a diffrence between...

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The canon EOS 350 D and the canon EOS xt rebel kit?Or are they the same?The reason I ask is I bought a canon EOS 350 D thinking it was amoung the best entry level camera there is,but I read another thread which says that the canon xt rebel is the best.(best canon I mean)Also I have been reading a lot of posts about sensor cleaning.some people say not to touch the senso were others say its ok to.Well my sensor is past dirty and I need to clean it but I dont knoe were to start.Could someone help me please.Thanks

I think the two names are for the same kind of camera, only is the xt rebel the American name, while in Europe the very same camera is called 350D.
As to sensor cleaning ... well, you know my (totally helpless) position on that one... :roll: I wish I could clean mine (but to tell you the embarrassing truth, erm ... :oops: ... I don't even know where the sensor is to begin with :blulsh2:)

Rebel=300D
Rebel XT=350D
Rebel XTi=400D

I don't like the Rebel's, IMO they are too small, rediculously uncomfortable, and in some cases tedious. For example, if I need to change the WB on my D70, all i need to do is hold down the WB button and turn my rear command wheel to select whatever WB i want. On the rebel, you have to flip through pages on your LCD to get to it. using the 70-200mm f/2.8L's are also a pain in the butt to use on the rebels beucase the lens is 3 times the size of the camera body, on the D70, there is actually something to hold onto with the Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 or the 70-200 f/2.8 VR.

For the sensor, take it to a camera shop and have them clean it. Or if you're feelin' lucky, GENTLY blow some compressed CO2 on it. None of that dust-off brand air becuase it leaves a nasty residue, but use the general brand Office Depot stuff.

Yeah this question comes up a lot about which camera to get and the general response tends to be that the quality in the cameras (specifically Nikon and Canon) are both solid. Really, for most it just comes down to personal preference. SwitchFX might not like the WB setting where someone else might not care cuz 95% of the time it's set to Auto anyway. I'd just to go out and meet different cameras in person to see how you like the feel, menus, etc than go from there.

As far as cleaning the sensor I believe there is an attachment on your vacuum cleaner for that??? Hahaha jk. All I really know about cleaning sensors is that I wouldn't do it. For my peace of mind I think I'd just as soon take it to a shop and pay someone else to do it that knows exactly what to do.

Don't use canned air on your sensor. Use a blower bulb or if that doesn't do it check out the Copper Hill Images cleaning system, cheap and effective. There is nothing to be afraid of, learn to clean your sensor, it's not a big deal, and takes only a few minutes. It's part of owning a DSLR, just basic maintenance. I'd guess the people that make it sound like a big deal are the ones that want you to pay them to do it for you.
http://www.copperhillimages.com/index.php?pr=tutorials

I bought a Rebel XT 350D a couple months ago and I have been reall happy with it. It is the first slr camera I have ever used and find it quite easy use, after reading the manual.

The XTi, or 400D, looks like a great camera, but it is quite a bit more money.

Cheers

LaFoto said:
I think the two names are for the same kind of camera, only is the xt rebel the American name, while in Europe the very same camera is called 350D.
As to sensor cleaning ... well, you know my (totally helpless) position on that one... :roll: I wish I could clean mine (but to tell you the embarrassing truth, erm ... :oops: ... I don't even know where the sensor is to begin with :blulsh2:)

The cleaning function should flip up the mirror/shutter, exposing the sensor

Most reactions

Back