What is this extremely small spider??

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The other day I noticed this really small but intricate spider web going between my porch , house overhang and my trash can. Probably a structural web about 2-1/2 feet long !!.

In the middle about the size of a diameter of a pop can was this web.
With this really small dot in the middle of it.

So I pulled out my 24-85 and put it in macro mode and tried to take some photos. The wind was blowing hard and I had to place a couple pizza boxes from the trash around to try and direct the wind. But the little web was still bouncing around like crazy. Very difficult for taking snapshots.

Anyways, I was able to get a few but zooming in, and searching the internet I could not find what it is.
when I was checking pictures and working on blocking the wind the web ripped and was in one line, then the wind blew it away with the spider. So no more trying to get better macro shots :(

$aSpider-1.jpg$aSpider-2.jpg$aSpider-3.jpg

I have no idea what this one is apart from knowing it is a spider because it had made a web, but I saw something similar yesterday in my grapevine...very very small white orangy spider. I looked and I looked then sat down on my swing and got lazy to go inside...I could have taken a shot...but this nut doesn't have a macro lens ...:lol:

You can go crazy trying to do macro in even a slight breeze.

Yeah, tell me about it. I took about 50 shots to just get 3 that are "okay". lol

I have no idea what this one is apart from knowing it is a spider because it had made a web, but I saw something similar yesterday in my grapevine...very very small white orangy spider. I looked and I looked then sat down on my swing and got lazy to go inside...I could have taken a shot...but this nut doesn't have a macro lens ...:lol:

I didn't even know there was a spider in that web . I was curious what that dot was in the middle of it. lol
what kind of insects does this thing capture ??
I searched online for spider pics .. but that creeps me out quickly lol

I suspect it could be a "HONEY GRAB THE BLOWTORCH" spider.

I suspect it could be a "HONEY GRAB THE BLOWTORCH" spider.
Yeah - that's my job, too. I take care of the spiders, which are generally just put outside to build elsewhere. The exception was the black widow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back