What is your camera?

piotrek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I couldn't find any place where you say what is your equipment, or am I just too tired today and my eye play games with me? If so, then sorry :hail: .

I know it doesn't matter that much what is your camera, it matters what you have in your head, even having not high-tech camera one can take brilliant photos.

But still I am curious what you use?

I start:

You can say I had no choice with the lack of founds, but I became a fan of old cameras. So I take pics with over 20 years old Zenit TTL, quite nice, and usefull in self defence, so called 'Russian Tank' :lol:

:shock: :?:

Then stop reading because what is really shocking I have borrowed a camera from my friend which is really old (50 years or smth), polish Start 66. I'm about to clean it and start hunting ;)

Your turn!
Piotrek

My camera.... or better yet... camera(s) You'll notice quite a few people in this forum use a variety of cameras....

Cameras I use on a frequent basis:

Pentax ME ( carry with me all the time cuz its small )
Pentax 645 with 120 back
Canon 10d
Canon 1v

I don't carry all of that stuff at any one time.... just take whatever I feel like using.

Welcome to the forum!

Well
1. Canon G5; Canon Speedlite 420EX
2. Minolta D5D
3. Pentagram Photon 643 - idiot cammera ;-)

And little stuff like filters, memory cards, Lowepro Computrekker AW, Velbon Sherpa 600R etc. etc.

Probably about 1-2 weeks I'll have Fujifilm S3 ;-)

Hmm,

I guess it shows I'm rather an amateur with my 1 camera... I enjoy taking photos, I only wish others enjoyed my photos as much as I do ;)

Just kidding ;) ...well, at least about enjoying my photos, most of it is rubbish...

Anyway, my photo-guru, whose name cannot be mentioned ;) , says that the more proffesional one gets the less equipment he carries. And not only because one becomes that good, it's because one becomes that lazy :lol: and still knows he can manage with just what he has...

Looking forward to hearing from other users about their cameras ;)

Usayit -thanks for the welcomes :D

Piotrek

This month the rotation has mostly been between a Canon 20D, a Widelux, and an Ansco Titan (6x6 folder). I've started carrying both the Widelux and the Titan at the same time. Both cameras, a light meter, and film fits into a small, insulated lunch bag. I like combining the square with the long rectangle.

I have a few...
1. Canon Rebel 2000 (35mm)
2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 (digi)
3. Canon 1968 TL/QL (35mm)

As many say, the glass is what really matters for the quality.
I use a Canon 50mm f/1.4 as my main lens. :)

Oh, also... I am going to upgrade my Rebel to a Canon EOS 1n soon. :thumbup:

My Dad and I share because sharing is caring folks. Thats right lol
Nikon D70
Nikon F2
Nikon FG
and two nikon coolpixs

The FG and F2 are friggen tanks and are awesome! All metal body, prisms can be changed and so can the veiwfinder. Love them both for my black and white and some color work. If you can't tell whe like nikons

Olympus OM1
Olympus OM2
A bunch of lenses
Pentax K1000
Mamiya C330 Pro
Several lenses
Speed Graphic
A bunch of lenses
Mexablitz 60CT with slave
Canon Digital Ixus
Olympus E300 (E-volt)
A whole heap of other cameras including 4 Polaroid, 10 Box Brownies and such.
A whole plate camera from circa 1880

I used to have others but I got rid of them all - just kept my favourites.

piotrek said:
Anyway, my photo-guru, whose name cannot be mentioned ;) , says that the more proffesional one gets the less equipment he carries.

That's because they've got assistants and interns to do the hauling. ;)

my main camera i use is:
Pentax KM, with it ive got a 50mm f1.8 pentax lens, sigma 70-210mm, tokina 35-70mm, a 12" cable release, a vivitar 3500 flash, and a quantaray tripod.

i also have a mamiya c330 that i just bought, an havent even had a chance to use. it needed a repair :( and a nikon n65 with the crappy kit lens that i use for photographing paintball and bmx.

and in t minus 7 days im getting the nikon d50 two lens kit(cant pass up 913 dollars and having money left over to buy film and paper for my class as opposed to the d70!)

Well.. I started off 2 years ago with a 1970 Pentax, which was running like a charm, until the shutter started to slow down just a bit, and I entirely forgot to get it fixed until a year later. Then I picked myself up:

1. Canon Rebel XT (350D)
2. Using an 20 year old 70-210mm lens (I think)
3. The kit lens which was an 18-55mm (Like, but I need to get the focusing calibrated again. I do believe it may be a tiny bit off)
3. Canon 70-300mm IS USM (Works like a charm, my current favourite lens)
4. Borrowing/thinking of buying a Canon 100mm Macro lens (If that goes through, this should be fun. :D)

The world of photography is addicting

Canon Rebel T2 (35mm)
stock 28-90 lense
Canon Powershot A310

Wanting a 50mm/f1.4 lense among other things

I love it, theres a couple quirky things but im getting used to them. Nice clear, crisp pictures.

Canon 350D only have the kit lens at present 18-55mm but am saving my pennies for some new ones...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back