What is your unicorn?

I want to take a picture of the earth from the moon and one of those myspace angles shots of myself on the moon lol

What is the shot that you really want to get, but find it will be extremely rare or difficult to 'catch'?

Mine is a valley shot of a night sky (miles outside of any city) where the milky way is actually visible from the ground. That is my current unicorn.

Here in (almost) Central Australia we are lucky (spoiled) in that we can gaze the Milky Way from the bushland just a few kms out of town...
No glare of city lights...
No smog/fog/pollution (we do have dust storms occasionally, and the odd volcano that erupts somewhere else in the world with the smoke/fumes carried over in the jetstream..)
On a moon-less night (or before or after moonrise/set, the MW is awesome to behold...
Jedo

Yea whenever I got to Poland for the summer I alsways have a day or two where I sit in the prak and just stare at the Milky Way and counting how many falling stars I see.

All the things I see when I'm not holding a camera that make me wish I was.

I'd like to get a shot of the whitehouse, all decked out for Christmas, in the snow, and at dusk. I saw a shot like this in a magazine once and it was so gorgeous.

I actually do have a photo of the whiltehouse ---we were driving past and my husband was grumbling about traffic and I grabbed my camera and snappd off a quick shot followed by the words - "did you see that big white mansion back there?":er:

When I took the film to be developed I said to my husband - "we were in Washington a week and I never got to see the whitehouse." [we were arguing most of the trip - it was our honeymoon] Imagine my surprise when the photos came back and I relaized that the white Mansion was the Whitehouse!:blushing: I doubt considering the terms used when my husband refers to the honeymoon, that I will ever get back there to try for a better shot, but I'd like to so I'll say thats my Unicorn.

the front of it, i presume.

that's a tough shot..that's a one shot try..if you miss the framing on it..you have to wait for another train.

Yep...the part with all the horsepower. I would also like to take a shot of one at night. I live a mile from the local tracks. I grit my teeth everytime one goes by. And like you said thats a "one chance" shot. Being a single father doesnt afford me the opportunity to go camp out at the tracks all day to catch my Unicorn.

Vince

Most reactions

New Topics

Back