What I've been up to...

lisa_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just thought I'd post what I've been up to since I've been gone for so long.

As always, comment & critique is appreciated.

Excuse the watermarks, I had to pull a couple from FB

$431393_10151014730521376_1917187342_n.jpg$405471_10151017826536376_822218138_n.jpg$74757_10150698314436376_1317673404_n.jpg$533916_10150688065716376_1853769703_n.jpg

The one with the girl sitting down is lit perfectly, and it really nice, maybe other than the trees giving her bunny ears. The 2 with the harsh lights are a matter of taste, I think they are little too much in the lighting department, but I can see how someone might like them that way. The 2 black and whites look pretty good to me.

Nice work. #2, the girl sitting on the wall, is by far the least of them. You can see that, right? I assume anyone who can shoot #1, #3 and #4 has eyes.

The orange and blue images (for lack of better description) aren't bad, but definitely not to my taste. I think the orange crop is too tight and the blue has too much empty space image left. Crop just in front of the pink "stripe" near the bottom.

I most definitely disagree with Parker about the lighting in 'girl on a wall'. There are blown highlights on her legs and nearly so on her left arm, the front of her top is "washed out" due to over-exposure... The overall exposure should have been dropped about 2/3 of a stop and a large reflector or fill light brought in.

The monochrome diptych however? That is OUTSTANDING! One of the nices monochrome portraits I've seen here in a LONG time! Nominated for POTM!

The one with the girl sitting down is lit perfectly, and it really nice, maybe other than the trees giving her bunny ears. The 2 with the harsh lights are a matter of taste, I think they are little too much in the lighting department, but I can see how someone might like them that way. The 2 black and whites look pretty good to me.

Thanks for the critique Parker!

I assume anyone who can shoot #1, #3 and #4 has eyes.
I am not quite sure what you mean by this.

The orange and blue images (for lack of better description) aren't bad, but definitely not to my taste. I think the orange crop is too tight and the blue has too much empty space image left. Crop just in front of the pink "stripe" near the bottom.

I most definitely disagree with Parker about the lighting in 'girl on a wall'. There are blown highlights on her legs and nearly so on her left arm, the front of her top is "washed out" due to over-exposure... The overall exposure should have been dropped about 2/3 of a stop and a large reflector or fill light brought in.

The monochrome diptych however? That is OUTSTANDING! One of the nices monochrome portraits I've seen here in a LONG time! Nominated for POTM!

Thanks for the great critique. I guess I need to get my monitor calibrated as I can only see the blown highlights in her legs. I did try to add some color there but I will work on that some more.

I love that diptych as well, so thank you for the compliment! Made possible by an amazing model :)

Nice work. #2, the girl sitting on the wall, is by far the least of them. You can see that, right? I assume anyone who can shoot #1, #3 and #4 has eyes.

What I meant by this is:

Surely anyone with the taste and skill to shoot #1, #3 and #4 (all excellent work) can see that #2 is the least-good photograph in this set. Therefore I will not waste time explaining why I feel that it is the weakest of the lot.

What I meant by this is:

Surely anyone with the taste and skill to shoot #1, #3 and #4 (all excellent work) can see that #2 is the least-good photograph in this set. Therefore I will not waste time explaining why I feel that it is the weakest of the lot.

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back