What's new

What keeps you inspired?

If you shoot digital there is not much to leave behind, just a hard drive and prints that will fade


Inkjets don't fade much.

Dye Stability Fade Tests for Color Imaging Media

OK if you put them in the sun they will fade over a year or two. In the dark they will last centuries. Become a museum photog and you will have your work conserved for a long time.
How do we know they will last they haven't been around 100 years like plates and wet prints, I'll stick to my wet prints
 
Right now, nothing. Nothing inspires me. just thinking about digging the camera out of the bag seems like a chore. That probably has to do with family issues I'm dealing with right now, but I won't go into detail.

That said, photography has always been cyclical for me. I get periods of inspiration, produce a thousand sh*t images, then one great one as the result of everything I learned from the bad, then put the camera down for a few months. Then I come to this site, lurk, see some image, statement or advert that gets the motor running all over again.

Then why am I here trolling without posting new pics you might ask? Well, simple. I've dodged the "need to go pro" bullet and have luckily kept photography as a hobby only. A hobby I enjoy none the less. I'm hoping that by participating here, in any capacity, that I might be inspired sooner than my normal cycle dictates. I need the mental distraction of a hobby like photography right now, and that's really difficult to do without the proper germination of the brain seed.

But wait... Photo contest this month is circles, eh?

Hmm...

I guess to answer the OP, the thing that inspires me the most about photography is to be able to think of the image I want to create, then nail it through thoughtful set up and proper exposure. There have only been a small handful of times I have done this, but every time was a victory worth working for, especially since I'm very VERY left brain oriented. I will spend weeks researching a style of photography (for example, High speed), weeks trying to get competent at it, then hundreds of shots learning how to get it juuuuuusssssst right. Then when the day comes I can set the shot up for keeps and nail it.
It's a great feeling.
 
Who cares about archival?

Your pictures are going in the dumpster when you die anyways.
 
I guess to answer the OP, the thing that inspires me the most about photography is to be able to think of the image I want to create, then nail it through thoughtful set up and proper exposure. There have only been a small handful of times I have done this, but every time was a victory worth working for, especially since I'm very VERY left brain oriented. I will spend weeks researching a style of photography (for example, High speed), weeks trying to get competent at it, then hundreds of shots learning how to get it juuuuuusssssst right. Then when the day comes I can set the shot up for keeps and nail it.
It's a great feeling.

Yes, yes, yes!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom