What Kind of Photoshop?

lildlege1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What kind of photoshop do I need as a beginner. I dont want to spend that much $ right now. Thanks in advance for the input.

You can always find serial numbers..for free! :D

^That would be pirating, and we don't encourage that on TPF, thankyou.

Try one of the photoshop elements, or you can trial it for free.
A good free to use alternative to photoshop is The Gimp.

why not start with the program that came with your camera, then there are several other free programs. Photoscape, GIMP, etc.

Thanks for the info. much appreciated.

i like photoshop cs5,its a lot easier to use than gimp, but ive also never used PS elements so idk how to compare CS5 to Elements

What kind of photoshop do I need as a beginner. I dont want to spend that much $ right now. Thanks in advance for the input.

what do you want to do with the program? simple editing? advanced?

I would suggest LR3.

p!nK

I would suggest LR3.

p!nK

For 99% of what I do, I use Lightroom 3. It can be had fairly cheaply if you qualify for a student discount.

Aside from free, the best, most advanced for the cheapest price is Paintshop Pro X3 Ultimate which can be had on sale for as low as $49 or less Canadian and $39 American.

It is Photoshop Pro like but less expensive and with more features than Photoshop Elements. Express Paint within the program is the equivalent to Lightroom at no extra charge.

skieur

for a beginer who doesn't need to spend much money yet i say gimp GIMP - Downloads
its free!

I got the entire CS4 creative collection for $99 when I went to Art Institute. If I was still there I could probably get CS5 for the same. Student discounts are the best.

Thanks alot to all of you.I appreciate it.

I would suggest LR3.

p!nK

Yes just some simple editing for now until I am more advanced.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back