what kind of sofeware do you use for photo editing?

silviamai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
same as the title~

also... what kind of camera considerate PROFESSIONAL CAMERA?

thanks everyone~

Nobody lurks before they post...

Photoshop, GIMP if you're poor or cheap or 'resourceful'

Canon 5dm2, 7D or 1D series
Nikon D300, D700, D3x, etc.
Then there's super expensive medium format digis...

Just my basic opinion.

I've been using ACDSee for a few years but just a month ago moved over to Lightroom 3. I was fortunate enough to have someone help me get up to speed with LR3, so the transition wasn't that painful. I'd take LR3 over ACDSee, but to be fair I've got an old version of ACDSee. Picasa and Picnik are also nice and relatively easy.

To answer your second question: Any camera in the hands of a professional.

If you're starting out, your focus should be on what camera is easiest to use for a beginner. A more important question would be what books should I invest in to learn photography. There are also lots of tutorials on youtube.

If I were buying my first DSLR again I'd go for either a Nikon D90 or D5000, or a Canon T1i or T2i with kit lenses. If you like small and compact, then maybe one of the 4/3rds system cameras would be a better fit. Pop by a camera store and see what one feels best in your hand.

Adobe Photoshop, there is really nothing else. Yeah, I was one of them who thought it was no big deal, but after learning a little bit and getting CS4 and lightroom 2 there is really nothing else I think comes close. Perhaps Aperture, I have played a bit with it but still favor Adobe myself

Adobe Photoshop.

Nothing else has the RAW power (oh yes, pun certainly intended) to match it. :gun:

I started out with PS Elements 2, upgraded to PS5, 8, 10, now up to PS_CS5 (12) for software.

As for cameras, 99% of the cameras out there are better than 99% of the photographers out there.

Good equipment can make lots of shots a lot easier, but a great photographer can make a great photo on a cheap P&S.

It ain't the gear it's the photographer.

Lightroom does 95% of what I need - for the rest, I use GIMP.

Gimp. I agree Photoshop is superior, but I cannot justify $700 or whatever it costs now when I can get what I need from Gimp for free. And I do not pirate software. Ever.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back