What kind of sunglasses are you wearing?

When Driving, Maui Jim aviators in black or brown *(depending on weather conditions)*
When just chilling I wear Persol 5309
s-l1600.jpg

Well I used to wear Ray Ban Aviators. Back then I used to say I would never pay $100 for a pair of $1 plastic sunglasses (Oakley). But then I eventually did. Lost them after about 2 years. Since then nothing but polarized cheap China sunglasses. For a while I was even wearing dark safety glasses. They did double duty. :allteeth:

I sometimes feel you guys are a LOT older than I am.

Before my Pop fully retired he worked at a country club and the golfers would leave all kinds of stuff in the cart not caring or picking up at the lost and found (nice to have that kind of money). So I have about 20 pair of high end sunglasses.

Cost Del Mar polarized.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Polarized clip-ons. Sucks wearing glasses.

The most common are a smoked or grey lens. Sometimes a dark green. They work well. The harder to find ones are the yellow. Like blue blockers. Found a pair that fit my glasses and guard it with my life. Sounds funny, but in certain situations, they are invaluable.

Eyelevel polarising sunglasses just now, cheap as chips and they get the job done. Had a couple of pairs of Oakleys which I loved but apparently I can't be trusted with expensive sun glasses!

Great £15 worth of polarising for me, nice blue tint in them.

Mine are polarized prescription, single vision, in 14K gold plated Italian frames, with a single-piece nose bridge and REAL GLASS lenses...none of this plastic or resin crap for my sunglasses. Very close-to-the face frames that block out most of the side-entry sun rays. I really do not like to shoot photos wearing sunglasses, but I have a few times. I wear them mostly for river and saltwater salmon fishing,where the UV rays can cause eye damage, and to alleviate eyestrain on open water.

If you wear cheap sunglasses that can not filter UV rays, you're really not taking proper care of your eyes. Opening UP the pupils by putting cheap sunglasses in front of your eyes then blasting your wide-open eyes with UV rays...NOT good. THis is especially bad for kids; do NOT let your kids wear CHEAP, non-UV protecting sunglasses. Ever. At least that's what my eye doctor has been telling people for 30 years.

Do you not have a problem with magpies trying to steal those ?

Also do you use a cup thing for the eye-peace on your camera people tell me there not great but Id like to try one of them.

Ray Bans New Wayfarer with the classic green tint.

These are the real ones, made in Italy.

Polarized prescription sunglasses I pretty much only use for driving. If I am out in the sun I generally wear a wide brimmed hat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back