What kind of sunglasses are you wearing?

I don't know. Never had a prescription glasses.

That may explains my eyestrain. Why do I see dots on tinted car windows while I'm wearing polarized sunglasses? : explainlikeimfive

Might want to go for an eye exam.

What am I going to say to the doctor? I have no problem with non-polarized sunglasses.
I have a long history of bad migraine. That is maybe the factor.

Tell him or her exactly that. You have eye strain with polarized sunglasses, but not without, and you have a history of migraine. Are these things related and can I just get my vision checked?

You don't really have to have something wrong to get your eyes checked. I'm talking about just a standard eye exam. Lots of places like Lens Crafters have eye doctors (optometrist, ophthalmologist...whatever it is) in the store for exams. Your difficulty with polarized glasses might be related to changes in your vision or an astigmatism or something. An eye exam will just give you more information and the opportunity to talk to someone who knows a lot more about vision than a bunch of yahoos on a photo forum :)

Might want to go for an eye exam.

What am I going to say to the doctor? I have no problem with non-polarized sunglasses.
I have a long history of bad migraine. That is maybe the factor.

Tell him or her exactly that. You have eye strain with polarized sunglasses, but not without, and you have a history of migraine. Are these things related and can I just get my vision checked?

You don't really have to have something wrong to get your eyes checked. I'm talking about just a standard eye exam. Lots of places like Lens Crafters have eye doctors (optometrist, ophthalmologist...whatever it is) in the store for exams. Your difficulty with polarized glasses might be related to changes in your vision or an astigmatism or something. An eye exam will just give you more information and the opportunity to talk to someone who knows a lot more about vision than a bunch of yahoos on a photo forum :)

Got it! :thumbup:

ZZ Top brand. I work out side 30-40 hours a week 52 weeks a year and 99% of the time I dont wear any sunglasses. But when I do they're cheap throw a ways.

$RAW_9489-2.JPG

It is tempted to buy Oakley or Ray-Ban. I always want to get one of those, but I keep scratching and breaking a lot. Many $20.00 sunglasses have 100% UVA and UVB protection.

You get what you pay for....same with camera lens glass.

I have yet to scratch my Oakleys that are 5 years old. Not a single one. But I am mindful and take care of my stuff.

sent from a non Apple device

I have polarized Oakley Fives and non-polarized Whiskers. I do take care of them, but they're both scratched. Oh well.

Kundalini is still one of the coolest looking dudes on the forum.

Here's me with my standard silver lenses.

$418862_4169128354032_648762600_n.jpg

Hmmm... Chris, I figured you wwere more the Kojak type.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R9WTlP08LEg[/video]

For you cheap sunglasses wearers!

I've been waiting for that since I opened the thread! Took until page three, geez! :lol:

Cheap-o's here...

Yeah...I know...I figured EVERYBODY must be like, asleep at the switch...and I got the chance to post it first. I thought Kundalini's COrey Heart, Sunglasse At Night was the other blatantly obvious video option (and a damned fine song for a day like today!) ...but only one video per post, ya, know??

How about this oldie!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I call them the bug glasses. These are the ones I wear for the migraine. I don't really like to be seen in them, though :er: This was a few years ago and I still have them. I keep them next to the Advil.

$Snapshot_20101106_1.jpg

Im not wearing any my face is naked.

Most reactions

Back