What laptop to buy (best features for photo editing)

Again, you're saying something is pointless which you haven't used. And again, that's what people said when they first saw the mouse. :)

After using a touch screen laptop on a plane and in various other situations where it's literally on my lap and using a mouse isn't practical, like watching TV on the couch, a touch screen laptop is *significantly* more convenient and easier to use than a non touch laptop. I'm sitting on the couch right now and have been for the past hour. I haven't touched the trackpad once. Navigating web pages in a browser and switching between apps via touch gestures is simply faster and easier than the trackpad, period.

If you think its a pointless gimmick then don't buy one. Meanwhile, everyone else with touch laptops will be enjoying the convenience they offer and laughing at your silly point of view. The first time you sit next to someone on an airplane that's using a touch screen laptop, you'll see the light. You'll think "oh, wow, yeah I guess that would be cool".

Somebody got a little personally offended.

Convenience at the expense of power isn't my bag so I will enjoy my non touch laptop. I mean, it's not like there are other kinds of touch screen devices (maybe tablet shaped?)...oh...wait...

Most reactions

Back